• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Pyres7

Hold on. We will still need a replacement for Xhaka right? Why isn't that more important right now? Even if Xhaka ends up not going, surely we need a player to bench him, right?
We need both, and hopefully we get both signed before Brentford.

If Xhaka stays I don't think we sign a CM unfortunately.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We need both, and hopefully we get both signed before Brentford.

If Xhaka stays I don't think we sign a CM unfortunately.
I know we need both but I think if we're thinking of going big it should be on Xhaka's replacement. Ødegaard is unsettled at a club that needs money. Try to get him for 35m then get someone in for Xhaka

Pyres7

You don't sign a £15M midfielder to be 4th choice. He needs minutes.
He'll be third choice. Partey and the new CM will start, and Sambi can cover for both of them.

He'll get plenty of games in the cups and covering for injuries. Partey will go to AFCON too so there's guaranteed playing time for him next season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You can look at it as 65m for Madders or selling Willock, AMN and finding an additional 15m.

I'd happily lose those two homegrown talents to bring in Maddison.

Gurru991

You can look at it as 65m for Madders or selling Willock, AMN and finding an additional 15m.

I'd happily lose those two homegrown talents to bring in Maddison.
Brendan Rodgers has stated many times that if a player states that he wants a move, Leicester will try & facilitate him. That doesn't mean they will fire sale him but it does mean they are open to letting him leave.
It's up to Maddison to to say he wants gone.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Brendan Rodgers has stated many times that if a player states that he wants a move, Leicester will try & facilitate him. That doesn't mean they will fire sale him but it does mean they are open to letting him leave.
It's up to Maddison to to say he wants gone.

If Maddison hit it off here, he'd become a brand name. I can see he allure and we'd pay him much more. I think he'd be unreal here, but am not convinced Arteta would be all for this move.

We can raise the 65-70m

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Can’t wait until things are restored and we finish above Leicester and thump Aston Villa.

It makes me sick seeing these fans come on here just like the Celtic fans with Tierney and act like they’re bigger then they are.

The Utd fans do the same thing too.
The celtic fans were kind of funny at least, they were mostly trolling and tongue in cheek. The United fans are weirdos tho.

Gurru991

Can’t wait until things are restored and we finish above Leicester and thump Aston Villa.

It makes me sick seeing these fans come on here just like the Celtic fans with Tierney and act like they’re bigger then they are.

The Utd fans do the same thing too.
Not necessarily talking about Arsenal but I don't believe the Premier will ever return to "normal". Clubs like Villa, Leicester & Everton have very rich owners & they are prepared to spend to achieve success. Off shore billionaires are looking at the Premier League as a ready made cash cow !! Man City like money at Newcastle eventually.
The league is only going to get tougher & clubs will need to be top drawer to make top six let alone top four.

Top Bottom