• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
By the end of next season, I think we'll be able to add Lokonga and Ben to the positives list.

"Ins" were mostly on point apart from some dodgy free transfer contracts he did, but "outs" are really concerning here. Can't say it's on Edu though as this was mostly an inherited problem going back to Gazidis and Wenger. If he manages to offload some of the deadwood, think it would be perfect business from him but it's really hard when you see how poor these players are and the contracts they are on.

It's also hard to say if he was involved in Saliba and Douzi mess or was that mostly on Arteta.

Edu is really not that a likable character so he will get more criticism than he deserves

I think the biggest problem with Edu is the same with Arteta, they're both rookies in their role. Its insane management to have both these positions held by rookies.

Gurru991

As I've said before it would require Maddison to tell Leicester that he wants gone & I just don't see that happening. Having said that, he is going to have to battle for playing time this season ! They have added Boubakary Soumare & Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall is returning from a very successful loan at Luton.
It will be very interesting to follow his season if he stays healthy.
If Arsenal make Europe & Leicester don't it will change everything.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You don’t want him, he’s a cast off. If he’s not good enough for you, why on earth would he be good enough for us? The only interest we had was when we had half our team out injured.
So Özil wasn’t good enough for Leicester when he was discriminately left out?

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
So, let me begin by saying that clearly you have no reason to believe any of what I have to say, but I do have a friend who works at Leicester, within the player recruitment/scouting team.

Arsenal have made contact to Leicester and are 100% interested in signing Maddison this summer, however, they were put off by both the fee required to get him, and the complexity of the deal.
The complexity, as is of little surprise during a transfer window, is the fact that Leicester listening to offers for Maddison, would require the completion of two other transfers simultaneously.
The 'Fee' is not as simple as £60/70 million, as the papers and media are reporting (there's a surprise!), but Leicester are looking for a fee which enables them to sign their 3 other summer targets.

They have already signed Soumare and Daka this summer, both to add depth and challenge the first team squad, rather than as replacements. But in order for Leicester to consider selling Maddison, they're looking for a fee which enables them to sign....

1 - Domenico Berardi (£30-45 million), first choice target, scouted by the club for 4 years now.
2 - Matheus Pereira (£15-£25 million), their first choice to replace Maddison, but similar players for the same fee are targets too.
3 - Ozan Kabak (£5-10 million), first choice CB target to become 4th choice and develop for the future, wanted him before he move to Schalke.

Realistically, he believes a fee which enables Leicester to sign their top two targets, would be what is required. However, the big sticking point, is that Sassuolo already fear losing Manuel Locatelli this window, and do not want to be in a position where they lose both him and Berardi, their two best and most influential players.

As for Maddison's own thoughts on the move, I can't say as obviously a guy working in recruitment/scouting has no contact with the players, but it doesn't seem as though there is any suggestion he is desperate for it.
Rodgers would be keen on making this happen, as too would the club, as they feel that it would once again, as with the Maguire/Chilwell deals, be a case of selling a player for an over-inflated price and improving the squad greatly.

He also addressed rumours of Leicester targeting Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Reiss Nelson.
Leicester tried to get AMN on loan in January, so that they themselves could loan out Hamza Choudhury, in order to give him game time. Leicester were unable to give assurances he would even make the starting 18, so when West Brom were promising pretty much guaranteed first team football, Arsenal chose to loan him there. There is zero interest in Leicester taking him this season, as there is pretty much zero chance of him getting any game time, barring injuries, even with the four competitions they are targeting.
Where the Reiss Nelson link came from, he has absolutely no idea. He actually believes it may bizarrely be from a document which was 'leaked', a few weeks ago, that actually involved 'targets' they're looking at pushing from the academy into the first team squad, over the next 12 months. Ben Nelson, 17, who has featured in the last two pre season games, coincidentally was on that same list, listed simply as 'Nelson'.
Leicester have no interest in any 'player swaps', as they already have their established targets.

He did say it was a real possibility of happening this summer, but would be dependant on whether or not Leicester can bring their targets in beforehand. So should Berardi and Periera (Or another number 10/wide player) be signed in the near future, expect this to go through.

Goonger

So, let me begin by saying that clearly you have no reason to believe any of what I have to say, but I do have a friend who works at Leicester, within the player recruitment/scouting team.

Arsenal have made contact to Leicester and are 100% interested in signing Maddison this summer, however, they were put off by both the fee required to get him, and the complexity of the deal.
The complexity, as is of little surprise during a transfer window, is the fact that Leicester listening to offers for Maddison, would require the completion of two other transfers simultaneously.
The 'Fee' is not as simple as £60/70 million, as the papers and media are reporting (there's a surprise!), but Leicester are looking for a fee which enables them to sign their 3 other summer targets.

They have already signed Soumare and Daka this summer, both to add depth and challenge the first team squad, rather than as replacements. But in order for Leicester to consider selling Maddison, they're looking for a fee which enables them to sign....

1 - Domenico Berardi (£30-45 million), first choice target, scouted by the club for 4 years now.
2 - Matheus Pereira (£15-£25 million), their first choice to replace Maddison, but similar players for the same fee are targets too.
3 - Ozan Kabak (£5-10 million), first choice CB target to become 4th choice and develop for the future, wanted him before he move to Schalke.

Realistically, he believes a fee which enables Leicester to sign their top two targets, would be what is required. However, the big sticking point, is that Sassuolo already fear losing Manuel Locatelli this window, and do not want to be in a position where they lose both him and Berardi, their two best and most influential players.

As for Maddison's own thoughts on the move, I can't say as obviously a guy working in recruitment/scouting has no contact with the players, but it doesn't seem as though there is any suggestion he is desperate for it.
Rodgers would be keen on making this happen, as too would the club, as they feel that it would once again, as with the Maguire/Chilwell deals, be a case of selling a player for an over-inflated price and improving the squad greatly.

He also addressed rumours of Leicester targeting Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Reiss Nelson.
Leicester tried to get AMN on loan in January, so that they themselves could loan out Hamza Choudhury, in order to give him game time. Leicester were unable to give assurances he would even make the starting 18, so when West Brom were promising pretty much guaranteed first team football, Arsenal chose to loan him there. There is zero interest in Leicester taking him this season, as there is pretty much zero chance of him getting any game time, barring injuries, even with the four competitions they are targeting.
Where the Reiss Nelson link came from, he has absolutely no idea. He actually believes it may bizarrely be from a document which was 'leaked', a few weeks ago, that actually involved 'targets' they're looking at pushing from the academy into the first team squad, over the next 12 months. Ben Nelson, 17, who has featured in the last two pre season games, coincidentally was on that same list, listed simply as 'Nelson'.
Leicester have no interest in any 'player swaps', as they already have their established targets.

He did say it was a real possibility of happening this summer, but would be dependant on whether or not Leicester can bring their targets in beforehand. So should Berardi and Periera (Or another number 10/wide player) be signed in the near future, expect this to go through.

Some good info, & even if there was no source it would make a fair bit of sense. Like you say, main sticking point might be getting Berardi as i think Locatelli will defo be Juve bound. Pereira & Kabak should be fairly straightforward to do, just a bit of haggling about the price.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

good post and welcome to the forum. Any truth in him and Rodgers not having best relationship? Also any truth in him being a bit of a prima donna and lastly how is his hip injury? Some people believe he will have reoccurring hip issues hence leicester want to cash in on him. Personally he is a really good player, but not worth the 70 million thats being talked about

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Some good info, & even if there was no source it would make a fair bit of sense. Like you say, main sticking point might be getting Berardi as i think Locatelli will defo be Juve bound. Pereira & Kabak should be fairly straightforward to do, just a bit of haggling about the price.

Makes you wonder why we don’t go for Perreira seen as Leicester are happy replacing Maddison with him and he’s only 15M.

That’d be the smarter play imo.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He’s inconsistent but I’m not sure Maddison is a huge upgrade.

He costs 15M as well.

He's a better option for rotating with the likes of Pepe, Saka and ESR as well. You sign Maddison for that kind of money your kind of guaranteeing him a place in the side whilst hindering the development a bit of the others.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

His reception is a bit mixed on here, but he’s the only attacking player we’ve been linked with that excites me.

This is it for me, he's the only one that you know will make a difference if he gets back to his 19/20 form. Every other link is so meh to me. Maddison is a real game changer on top form. He had a real mixed season last campaign but I think there's a real top player there.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom