• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
So essentially they hope Arsenal overpay and they can use that money to strengthen the squad. So if he stay those signings won’t happen it looks like. Leicester already ripped of United and Chelsea with those fees, specially Chelsea as chillwell is never a 50 million pound player.

They don't hope Arsenal 'overpay', they just have no need to sell, and therefore will only do so if they believe the fee improves both the starting 11 and the squad by allowing them to get their targets.

The £50 million fee for Chilwell was again, that high, because Leicester had no need to sell....As was with the case with Maguire.
Leicester are indeed a 'Selling Club', in the same way that every other club is, when they receive an offer that they believe is above the value of the player.

Leicester wanted Berardi this summer, but once Sassuolo made it clear they would be unlikely to sell given the situation with Locatelli, it's probably a case of waiting 12 months. Once Pereira became available though, the club feels they can add both, aswell as Kabak as a 4th choice CB, for the fee they would get for Maddison.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No you have moved on to your new weekly crush Lautaro. A week ago you were gushing over Maddison and now it’s like I don’t know him. So much for loyalty eh

They're two players in different positions so this statement is incredible tbh. I want both, but in terms of cost effectiveness you go for Ødegaard and Lautaro over say Maddison and Abraham.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

To be honest, our striker situation is very very worrying.
I'm at a stage, and its been more than a whole season now, that I actually dont want Auba played at all and rather still get his wages off the books.
He had a horrible season, granted, illness and some other issues didnt help, but what exactly does he offer us when he ain't even scoring ?
Auba is aweful in what he contributes to the game, it's all about his goal which I dont see coming back. We actually have to compensate for his lack of ability in terms of general play which is only fine if he does score.

If Balogun - obviously the dream outcome for us all - or Martinelli aren't tearing it up suddenly out of nowhere, there really is a massive void in our first team.

Whilst Laca has significantly outperformed Auba recently, I see him on the same trajectory. Rather get a few bucks and another massive wages off the books.

Pepe, Saka and ESR are all promising and streets ahead of the rest of our attacking players. Either Flo joins the lot with a massive first season giving us that full-action striker back that we once had with RVP/Henry and the likes in the golden days, or we gotta sign one.

Lauturo looks like a good option to make Pepe and Saka look a lot better and have their output increase significantly.
I'd gamble on Auba, Martinelli and Balogun and pour in money elsewhere?

But I admit that might not be the right play, it's just what I'd do. I am not done with Auba just yet.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

But I admit that might not be the right play, it's just what I'd do. I am not done with Auba just yet.

Well, if Flo and Martinelli actually get significant minutes and chances, I dont mind it that much. But playing Auba just regardless whilst he has bad games and Nelli/Flo play 15 minutes at the end which will never have you hit more than 2nd gear is not the way to go.

And I think that is exactly what is going to happen, if we had those 3. Probably even Auba-Nketiah-Flo/Nelli.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I would as well. Martinelli is a huge talent. There is really no point having these huge talents if you not playing them. Both, specially Martinelli can contribute now

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
So I've had a text to say that Arsenal were in contact again yesterday, and this deal still is as close/far away as before depending on your viewpoint, as Arsenal are still trying to negotiate players + cash which Leicester have no interest in.
Arsenal have raised their initial £40 million + AMN interest, to now £50 million + AMN/Willock, but Leicester want cash to bring in their own targets, they have enough depth in midfield that AMN/Willock would not get game time.

Leicester still looking for a first choice right winger, a number 10/winger to challenge the starting 18 and a 4th choice CB.
The only player Leicester would have interest in as part of an exchange, not in Arsenal's first team, would be William Saliba to become that 4th choice CB, however, they would still demand £60 million in cash too.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
So I've had a text to say that Arsenal were in contact again yesterday, and this deal still is as close/far away as before depending on your viewpoint, as Arsenal are still trying to negotiate players + cash which Leicester have no interest in.
Arsenal have raised their initial £40 million + AMN interest, to now £50 million + AMN/Willock, but Leicester want cash to bring in their own targets, they have enough depth in midfield that AMN/Willock would not get game time.

Leicester still looking for a first choice right winger, a number 10/winger to challenge the starting 18 and a 4th choice CB.
The only player Leicester would have interest in as part of an exchange, not in Arsenal's first team, would be William Saliba to become that 4th choice CB, however, they would still demand £60 million in cash too.
Any news on the Tielemans deal?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

60m pounds + Saliba for Maddison sounds to ****ing pathetic, it might actually happen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
got excited but then saw the source.

Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Who is the other London club in for him? Sp**s don't seem to be in for a #10.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I doubt it’s true because of the source but if it is only Willock has any real value out of the players mentioned and Leicester don’t need him.

Top Bottom