• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s obvious that Maddison wants to come here. No offence to @SlyFox but he ain’t making the England team playing for Leicester imo.

His best chance of making the World Cup squad is by producing masterclasses at the carpet like our starboy Saka.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Saka, Ben White and Ramsdale already on the plane to Qatar.

ESR and Maddison to follow them inshallah.

#Qatar22

SlyFox

It’s obvious that Maddison wants to come here. No offence to @SlyFox but he ain’t making the England team playing for Leicester imo.

His best chance of making the World Cup squad is by producing masterclasses at the carpet like our starboy Saka.
He’s already played for England playing for Leicester, just as Maguire and Chilwell did. What stops him is the fact Southgate has a hard on for Mason Mount, oh and the inconsistent form.

SlyFox

I can really see this happening regardless of what Leicester fans say. It's a huge move for him. Huge wages as well.
Pay the asking price and you can have him. Simple as that, and that means overpaying as all players have their price eventually.

As I said at the start, not fussed one bit as all the money goes back into the team and that means the whole gets stronger, as with past sales.

What annoys me is the total bullshit rumour mill. With one wanna be ITK to the next perpetuating the same original rumour.

It’s been nearly two months and you are still “preparing a bid”.

SlyFox

Pay the asking price and you can have him. Simple as that, and that means overpaying as all players have their price eventually.

As I said at the start, not fussed one bit as all the money goes back into the team and that means the whole gets stronger, as with past sales.

What annoys me is the total bullshit rumour mill. With one wanna be ITK to the next perpetuating the same original rumour.

It’s been nearly two months and you are still “preparing a bid”.
Oh and the utterly bizarre online presence your fans have, (not so much here, which seems mostly sound). But on social media they seemed to all be in some weird psychotic state.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Any news on the Tielemans deal?

Leicester fully expect him to commit to a long-term deal, he has even returned to training a week earlier than his Euro leave required. So I'd expect an announcement very shortly about him being tied down for a further 4/5 years.

@ProspectFox do you want to keep Maddison? It seems you think he is disposable and Leicester will become better without him

Do you want my opinion, or the clubs?

For me, he is always going to be compared to Grealish/Foden/Mount based are their 'similar' playing styles, and the fact they're expected to perform similar roles and contribute significantly to goals + assists.
Maddison, is comfortably the weakest of the four, and is miles and miles behind Grealish. He doesn't stamp his authority on the game anywhere near often enough as the other 3.

I've seen debates on here about whether or not has a number '8' or '10'....
His best position is 10, purely because he lacks the ability to cover ground well enough to be an '8', or has the defensive positioning required for that to matter.
Number '10s' are rarely spotted as often in the modern game, even Bruno Fernandes, that plays there, has the ability to get around the park that a number 8 has and is always available to drop deep or stick his foot it. A 'natural 10', like a James Rodriguez or a Coutinho, have been pushed out wide right and left respectively, because of their inability to cover ground and offer defensive support in the middle of the pitch.

If Maddison plays, the midfield often looks like this...

.....................Tielemans.................Ndidi

......................................Maddison

Tielemans having to be more withdrawn, even as an 8, because Rodgers doesn't trust Maddison's defensive ability.
With the arrival of Soumare and emergence of KDH though, this season would give him the option of.....

...................................Ndidi

..............Tielemans................Soumare/KDH

Ndidi, for some reason, looks weaker when he actually has more defensive support next to him. He's a typical 'Anchor Man', and struggles more when his team mates are also defensively in his own area.

I'm sure you might have just settled for a simple 'Yes', or 'No'.....But I've tried to add a bit of detail, because of course, if I simply state 'Yes he is dispensable', it's obviously going to be because I'm in some way upset that he is leaving.
He's the most dispensable member of our Midfield, that's my opinion.

My only problem with him leaving, is the upheaval on the squad this summer.
We have already added 4 players to the first team squad, Bertrand/KDH/Soumare/Daka, and Rodgers still wants another CB and a right winger.

I've also been told that there are other options surrounding this transfer, with regards to targets for Leicester, but will add that in a separate post as this one is purely based on my opinion that you asked for....
In my honest opinion, selling Maddison this window makes us slightly weaker short term, not because of the fact we would be losing Maddison, but the fact we would then be gelling 6/7 players into the 25 man squad....That rarely ever works well.
If this was 12 months time, and Soumare/KDH/Daka had been in the squad for 12 months, and deals were available for Berardi and a number 10 that we wanted, I'd bite your hands of for £60 million.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Right, so new information on Leicester's targets....

Should Berardi be unavailable this summer, as it is looking likely, Leicester will not be looking to sell Maddison until possibly next year, instead keeping him and bringing in a couple of loans.

They're already enquiring about loan deals for Marco Asensio, with an optional future fee of £15-20 million, Dan James on loan is also an option but Man United would prefer to loan to a team not challenging for the top 4. Noni Madueke from PSV is a target, but with them selling Malen Leicester didn't get good feedback about a deal this summer. Leicester were actually hoping to sign Trincao from Barcelona, after putting in a big bid last summer and having scouted him for years, but Wolves's Portuguese links put a stop to that. Pereira is still a target for Leicester, but West Brom keep increasing the fee required for him.

It also looks as though Leicester will shift their CB target, if Kabak is considered too expensive, to a loan deal for an experienced CB or a short term contract for an experienced CB available for a minimal fee or on a free.
They will be in the race for Tarkowski and Ings, both on free transfers, next season.

Unless Leicester see movement on Berardi and their number 8/10 targets, this deal isn't going ahead.

Top Bottom