• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
On the face of it, Ødegaard seems by far the easier deal to do and that's why I still feel it's the most likely. Honestly I think it will be Ødegaard + a backup up goalie and that's us done for the window.

This is a nice comparison of them from last year in the prem. Mads wins on shots and goals. Ødegaard on passing and control as expected. Both with almost identical open play key passes.

Below is a comparison of their total minutes in all leagues from 19/20 (when Ode was in Spain)

Martin Ødegaard

Games: 65
Starts: 53
Sub appearances: 12

Goals: 9
Assists: 11
Penalties scored: 0

Minutes per goal: 510.3
Minutes per non-penalty goal: 510.3
Minutes per goal or assist: 247.6

James Maddison

Games: 80
Starts: 64
Sub appearances: 16

Goals: 20
Assists: 10
Penalties scored: 0

Minutes per goal: 288.8
Minutes per non-penalty goal: 288.8
Minutes per goal or assist: 192.5

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Spending 70m+ on the poor man's Coutinho is the exact type of thing we'd do. I only hope it'll be a double announcement with Ramsdale if it happens.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Still no idea what you're on about :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brady Bunch K GIF

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
how is your 250 million looking? 27 days left of the window now. Not looking good for your boy arteta
I said 150-250M. And its look good that we'll spend at least 150. Arteta is here, that in itself is good enough for me because you must wake up every day seething.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I said 150-250M. And its look good that we'll spend at least 150. Arteta is here, that in itself is good enough for me because you must wake up every day seething.
November 1st is the day I expect him gone after yet another loss this time to leicester. I am counting the days

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Straight cash!
Nobody wants our players
Is there a reason for that?:rolleyes:
Thought they might have taken a punt on one of our fringe English younger ones.
tbf leicester are a top 8 club & they are likely deemed not good enough.
Only serious bid i know was 15m from Wolves last season for AMN.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Great post and this is why I think there are better ways for us to with the many we talking about. The problem Arsenal have is we are significantly behind Leicester in the scouting department. We have recently decimated our whole scouting department and relies on few people who use data to find players. Maddison is in the top 5 creating chances, we need an attacking midfielder and boom it’s really that simple. We want Ramsdale he made the most saves in the league last season and boom there you have your keeper. It’s really poor way to build a squad and they don’t take the whole picture into account. Maddison is way behind top English players on his position like Grealish and foden. But outside of age on his side I don’t think he is even better than Lindgard. The club also suffers from the grass being greener on the other side

Take Fofana and Saliba. 2 cb same age from same club both very highly rated talents. One had a manager who nurtured him and understood young players make mistakes, but with minutes will get better and it’s worth persisting on talent. The other one had a rookie manager who preferred a journeyman in Mari. If the roles were reversed saliba would be playing for Leicester now and fofana would be sent back to France by Arsenal.

I think the Fofana and Saliba comparison, actually, has a few differences, other than just the fact that Rodgers is far more proven and developing talent and giving youngsters a go.

Firstly, I don't think you can underestimate the fact that he came into the side playing alongside Johnny Evans, a very very good and experienced Premier League CB.
Secondly, it was only really because of an injury to Soyuncu, that Fofana was thrown straight into the first XI. He would have spend the majority of the PL season on the bench, had it not been an early injury to Soyuncu who was in the PL team of the season the year before, and then an injury to Evans later in the season.

There's certainly a gulf between the two now though, one playing in the French League, and one being targeted by Real Madrid for around £65-80 million.

That's another issue that could hold a Maddison transfer back....Leicester have a club policy of only selling a maximum of one player from their first team squad every summer. So should a Fofana/Tielemans/Soyuncu etc leave, Maddison isn't going anywhere.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Nobody wants our players
Is there a reason for that?:rolleyes:
Thought they might have taken a punt on one of our fringe English younger ones.
tbf leicester are a top 8 club & they are likely deemed not good enough.
Only serious bid i know was 15m from Wolves last season for AMN.

There was interest in AMN in January, a loan, in order for Leicester to send their youngsters out on loan.

But currently, for me, I have 5 midfielders (Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumare, Praet, KDH) I'd start ahead of AMN/Willock should Maddison leave, and 3 right backs (Castagne, Ricardo, Justin) I'd start ahead of AMN there.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom