• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Rated 18th best, by fans last season, which he was.

Also said he's capable of being brilliant.

We do this as well so I'm not picking on you, but there is a certain sentimentality that fans apply to their own players. Do you see the problem with saying that your own fans think he is rubbish but it's outrageous that Arsenal (may have) only bid £45m + one of our own highly rated/over rated players...?

Now Arsenal is always up for a bad deal so not saying that we don't end up giving you 80m for Maddison or whatever, but still...

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
We do this as well so I'm not picking on you, but there is a certain sentimentality that fans apply to their own players. Do you see the problem with saying that your own fans think he is rubbish but it's outrageous that Arsenal (may have) only bid £45m + one of our own highly rated/over rated players...?

Now Arsenal is always up for a bad deal so not saying that we don't end up giving you 80m for Maddison or whatever, but still...

It works both ways though, Arsenal fans on here are trying to convince themselves that signing Maddison, will be a result of them 'flaunting' their 'big club status'.

The reality is, this transfer only happens on Leicester's terms.
Either Leicester keep a player they want to keep...
Or Arsenal pay a fee Leicester consider to be above Maddison's value, where they believe they can reinvest and be in an even stronger position.

I think comparing a player's 'value', over others, to a team, doesn't work too well.
Realistically, if a right back gets a player rating of 9/10 every week, but your striker gets a rating of 8/10 every week, who earns you more points? I'd bet on the striker.

For me, I'd rather compare Maddison's influence to those who he is in the midfield with. Now for me, and I imagine the majority of Leicester fans, between him, Ndidi and Tielemans, he is comfortably the weakest.
In 12 months time, with Soumare and KDH settled in well, along with Daka, £60 million for me is a no brainer....But given the fact we would probably bring in another 3 players this window with the fee, I don't think the risk of going into the season with 6/7 new members of the 25 man squad, is worth the risk.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It works both ways though, Arsenal fans on here are trying to convince themselves that signing Maddison, will be a result of them 'flaunting' their 'big club status'.

Or Arsenal pay a fee Leicester consider to be above Maddison's value, where they believe they can reinvest and be in an even stronger position.

I think comparing a player's 'value', over others, to a team, doesn't work too well.
Realistically, if a right back gets a player rating of 9/10 every week, but your striker gets a rating of 8/10 every week, who earns you more points? I'd bet on the striker.

For me, I'd rather compare Maddison's influence to those who he is in the midfield with. Now for me, and I imagine the majority of Leicester fans, between him, Ndidi and Tielemans, he is comfortably the weakest.
In 12 months time, with Soumare and KDH settled in well, along with Daka, £60 million for me is a no brainer....But given the fact we would probably bring in another 3 players this window with the fee, I don't think the risk of going into the season with 6/7 new members of the 25 man squad, is worth the risk.
I agree there is no point in comparing prices of players and no pl team is suffering financially. So if you gonna buy within the pl you always have to overpay. Grealish for 100 million with the players city have is absurd. But that’s what villa wanted to do business. In the end I think we would be better off with signing Ødegaard for half that price and rest on a new cm. But let’s wait and see.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Maddison is not on an upward trend, has had many injuries now, problems outside the pitch and has 3 years in contract.

He is not worth what you think anymore.

After a year his value could have dropped even further, especially if he is unhappy.

Barry

Not disputing that but you can't have it all ways - either he is an important player who is worth a good fee, or he is surplus to requirements and not.

We all know the answer is the first one - this will be a loss to Leicester if it happens, that's why the fee is so high. Now, you might need him less than us and that's a whole different question.

Personally, I don't think he's a £70m player - really hope the club doesn't spend that much on him and we go for Ødegaard instead (and use the difference on someone else - RB, CM or ST).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Maddison is not on an upward trend, has had many injuries now, problems outside the pitch and has 3 years in contract.

After a year his value could have dropped even further, especially if he is unhappy.
I think Leicester is bluffing here. Rodgers don’t like the guy and end of the season he even lost his place. There is no way someone would spend 60 million on him next season. They want to sell so they can use that money. Let them keep him.

OxfordFox

I think the point is that Maddison's true 'worth' is irrelevant in this context. It would only really be relevant if both parties wanted to do business, but as Leicester do not want to sell Maddison and don't need the money, any notion of fair value goes out of the window. He's worth whatever Leicester say he's worth.

Leicester's recent dealings in the transfer market would suggest they will demand a fee considerably above Maddison's 'true' market value, and require the large bulk of that fee up front in one payment. Personally I'll be astonished if he goes for less than £70m. The question is simply whether Arsenal are willing to pay that.

Barry

I think the point is that Maddison's true 'worth' is irrelevant in this context. It would only really be relevant if both parties wanted to do business, but as Leicester do not want to sell Maddison and don't need the money, any notion of fair value goes out of the window. He's worth whatever Leicester say he's worth.

Leicester's recent dealings in the transfer market would suggest they will demand a fee considerably above Maddison's 'true' market value, and require the large bulk of that fee up front in one payment. Personally I'll be astonished if he goes for less than £70m. The question is simply whether Arsenal are willing to pay that.
@ProspectFox @SlyFox @OxfordFox ...

Are you all the same person?!? 😅😅😅

Cheers - ArsenalBarry

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
For fox sake. Where do they keep coming from?

9Rn2.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Stoke not having any internet, is probably the only thing that stopped one of those goblins signing up here, back in the day.

SlyFox

I think Leicester is bluffing here. Rodgers don’t like the guy and end of the season he even lost his place. There is no way someone would spend 60 million on him next season. They want to sell so they can use that money. Let them keep him.
He. Was. Injured.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom