• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
He was on the bench in the cup final and last few games. You don’t put a vital player on the bench in your biggest match for years.

He had been out injured, and was not fit.
The game before the cup final, he was on the bench away at Old Trafford and only played 25 minutes.

Rodgers rushed him back, because Praet had injury problems too, Barnes was out and ultimately Maddison wasn't fit enough to play well.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think the point is that Maddison's true 'worth' is irrelevant in this context. It would only really be relevant if both parties wanted to do business, but as Leicester do not want to sell Maddison and don't need the money, any notion of fair value goes out of the window. He's worth whatever Leicester say he's worth.

Leicester's recent dealings in the transfer market would suggest they will demand a fee considerably above Maddison's 'true' market value, and require the large bulk of that fee up front in one payment. Personally I'll be astonished if he goes for less than £70m. The question is simply whether Arsenal are willing to pay that.
Like I said you can keep him and take the risk. He is not worth over 60 million currently for us imo.

I don't want injury prone players anyway.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Grealish isn't £100m and Maddison isn't £70m, Ben white wasn't £50m, you just have to understand when buying from another english team, and the players English you're being hit with English international tax.

Imagine Pedri being English, £100m minimum. And pedri is an absolute baller of a midfielder.

It's why bags of sht like Brewster and Solanke can go for a combined 40m lmao.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Are *some* Leicester fans on this forum just East Midlands Celtic fans?
Leicester, Villa, Celtic, Palace.

tenor.gif

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Ødegaard and Aouar for £75m would be the more sensible approach, then work on a RB or throw everything at Lautaro.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He had been out injured, and was not fit.
The game before the cup final, he was on the bench away at Old Trafford and only played 25 minutes.

Rodgers rushed him back, because Praet had injury problems too, Barnes was out and ultimately Maddison wasn't fit enough to play well.
Yes he played 25 mins against United the game before the final. But the 3 games before he started all of them. Do you think kdb m, Grealish or Bruno would be benched for a cup final when they started 3 of the last 4 games and came of the bench last one?

Nothing in how he was treated second part of last season shows he is a vital player and a star player in Rodgers eyes. By all looks it looks like the manager lost faith in him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems the plan is quite clear at Arsenal now, the creation of British Core v2. I'm all for it tbh, hopefully it puts us in a good position to get Bellingham down the road, perfect player to replace Xhaka eventually.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Seems the plan is quite clear at Arsenal now, the creation of British Core v2. I'm all for it tbh, hopefully it puts us in a good position to get Bellingham down the road, perfect player to replace Xhaka eventually.
makes me wonder if this is in part at least because of our recent problems with Douzi, Torreira and Saliba

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
makes me wonder if this is in part at least because of our recent problems with Douzi, Torreira and Saliba

I thinks it's a positive thing to have a group of guys at a club native to the country the club is based. Most successful teams throughout the years have had this.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he number 1 target and we want him we'll pay 70m. Sales remain important for club like ours we aren't City or Chelsea.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom