• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maybe we would consider Lokonga and Tavares if we needed signings there.....But with Luke Thomas and James Justin, Tavares doesn't get a look in.

What role does Lokonga play, guessing he is an anchor man?

Oh no I'm just saying I think we are doing a bit of both as we are capable of signing big money players. But we are also integrating academy products AND making "Leicester esque" signings.

Tavares is a progressive passing 6/8 by the looks of things.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Hoping Leicester rejects our bids and prizes him out. This guy is absolutely not worth the quoted price.

Only Arteta bums see the value in spending the quoted amount.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Oh no I'm just saying I think we are doing a bit of both as we are capable of signing big money players. But we are also integrating academy products AND making "Leicester esque" signings.

We are doing smart signings, sadly it's not to replace the current ****e we watch every week trying to play some football.

Underwhelming summer: a back up LB, a back up midfield and a "star" signing in BW that doesn't have a star impact on the pitch

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
When’s Justin back? Guy was a legend in Fantasy before his knee injury.

Well he might be back as early as October/November time, which would be surprisingly early....
But cruciate injuries take an age to recover from, luckily he's got plenty of time.
He was our player of the season until he had the injury, unreal that we found another home grown gem for £8 million.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are doing smart signings, sadly it's not to replace the current ****e we watch every week trying to play some football.

Underwhelming summer: a back up LB, a back up midfield and a "star" signing in BW that doesn't have a star impact on the pitch

Our summer isn't done yet bro.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Just a notion, if you make comparisons, you should have similar contract lenghts for the compared players. A player with 1 year contract left will cost a lot less than a player with 2 years or more.
You are right it probably isn't completely accurate. However as far as I can remember all of those players had multiple years left on their contracts, I don't think having 2 years left vs 4 years left would account for some of the huge differences in fees for very similar players of similar ages.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well he might be back as early as October/November time, which would be surprisingly early....
But cruciate injuries take an age to recover from, luckily he's got plenty of time.
He was our player of the season until he had the injury, unreal that we found another home grown gem for £8 million.

Yeah he looked incredible tbf

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Our summer isn't done yet bro.
You can't say our summer is going well if we didn't do the signings yet. So far it's pretty boring.
I am not saying it's completely ****, i rate Lokonga as our future but signings like this means we have to watch Arteta get sacked in October and go back on an useless season with an interim manager, Mertesacker this time?
Nah i can't deal another year watching El Neny chasing balls and Xhaka pretending to be a commander of an army while giving enemies wins.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself

Hopefully Lokonga works out then.
It's such a terrific feeder league for the others in Europe, so many talented players seem to come out of there.
We may have been looking at him, I'll have to ask.
But I know Soumare was their number one target, and agreed a deal with him right at the start of the year.

I think 'big money signings' are a bit overrated, unless you're a Man City, where you're already ahead of the pack.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You are right it probably isn't completely accurate. However as far as I can remember all of those players had multiple years left on their contracts, I don't think having 2 years left vs 4 years left would account for some of the huge differences in fees for very similar players of similar ages.
I'm pretty sure at least Sane had only 1 year left and that is why he was so cheap. Although of course also had bad injuries.

Also when players have 2 years in contract, the club is pressured to sell much more than 3 years. Clubs don't want to let players get to 1 year left, because that's when the price drop is even bigger. So 2 years left is also a big difference to 3 years left or more.

We can see this easily here with how cocky these cute lil' foxes act.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Why do we always have these weird rival fans waging wars against us? Like those little rabid dogs that bark at rotweilers behind their gates.

Seriously, I remember the time when Bolton fans were acting all cocky with Big Sam. Then Hull with that manager who looked like a villian from a tellenovella. Then Stoke, now Villa, Leicester out of nowhere... It's getting tiresome.

Makes me even more angry that this club let **** like this happen.

Top Bottom