• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
One for all the AM armchair fatties - some actual football!

This is a little insight into one of the strengths that Maddison would hopefully bring to our team - he looks to have some real quality with dead balls that we don't really have elsewhere (except for maybe Pepe and Willian). His personality and game insight shows through in this video as well. He could develop into a leader if he stays fit and progresses. Incidentally there is another video in this series on free kicks that show's clips of him as a 5 year old - was insanely good!!

And a recent article on the same theme -

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
One for all the AM armchair fatties - some actual football!

This is a little insight into one of the strengths that Maddison would hopefully bring to our team - he looks to have some real quality with dead balls that we don't really have elsewhere (except for maybe Pepe and Willian). His personality and game insight shows through in this video as well. He could develop into a leader if he stays fit and progresses. Incidentally there is another video in this series on free kicks that show's clips of him as a 5 year old - was insanely good!!

And a recent article on the same theme -

I've seen people questioning his attitude, but whenever I've seen him in interviews, he seems a real student of the game, always talking about how he can improve. Seems to have a lot of confidence in himself as well. If we can pull it off it would be a really good signing imo.

SlyFox

This is a little insight into one of the strengths that Maddison would hopefully bring to our team - he looks to have some real quality with dead balls that we don't really have elsewhere (except for maybe Pepe and Willian).
His set-pieces are a running joke on our forums. His stats are probably ok by virtue of taking every single set piece we ever get, but the reality is they aren't great.

Multipass

His set-pieces are a running joke on our forums. His stats are probably ok by virtue of taking every single set piece we ever get, but the reality is they aren't great.
How are you a well known member? How many times have we been linked to Leicester players? ;)

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Had a cheeky look at your forum actually - consensus that he is your joint second best free kick taker and then reading the comments -

- He was amazing when he came in
- dropped off this season - is it his hip?
- [Lots of people] - free kick quality and technique is still fine, no one is getting on the end of them
- [Some people] - needs to stop hitting the first man

Don't think it's a major red flag to be honest. Not to me at least.

SlyFox

Had a cheeky look at your forum actually - consensus that he is your joint second best free kick taker and then reading the comments -

- He was amazing when he came in
- dropped off this season - is it his hip?
- [Lots of people] - free kick quality and technique is still fine, no one is getting on the end of them
- [Some people] - needs to stop hitting the first man

Don't think it's a major red flag to be honest. Not to me at least.
They are all utter dog muck at set-pieces, that's why he keeps taking them ha. Don't know if it was a fluke but Bertrand looked brilliant at set-pieces in the friendly the other night.

SlyFox

Hopefully we'll be after Justin next year so fingers crossed you will be around next summer šŸ˜‰
He really was fantastic last season, we lost the whole left side of our team when he and then Barnes got injured and missed the last third of the season or so.

Ricardo looked really sharp in the friendly the other night, so fingers crossed he's back to his level pre-injury. As he was the one who looked verging on world-class (for a right back)

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
He really was fantastic last season, we lost the whole left side of our team when he and then Barnes got injured and missed the last third of the season or so.

Ricardo looked really sharp in the friendly the other night, so fingers crossed he's back to his level pre-injury. As he was the one who looked verging on world-class (for a right back)

Agreed, he looked brilliant, does everything you want as a fullback, I really hope he comes back strong from his knee injury.

I suppose for Leicester it's a shame one of Justin/Ricardo/Castagne aren't left footed, all really good players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby šŸŽ¼šŸŽµ
A-M CL Draft CampeĆ³n šŸ†
Untitled.jpg

truth_hurts

but Holdingā€™s hair transplant was painless
Maybe Mikel could offer Saka as a swap? Leicester might consider doing business then.

I have no faith in us pulling off a Maddison deal.

SlyFox

Agreed, he looked brilliant, does everything you want as a fullback, I really hope he comes back strong from his knee injury.

I suppose for Leicester it's a shame one of Justin/Ricardo/Castagne aren't left footed, all really good players.
Funnily enough they all played left back/left wing back for their previous clubs. Would be preferable if they were left footed though.

Thomas looks a prospect as well, did well having been thrown in the deep end. Looking very strong at full back now with Bertrand as cover as well.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom