• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
These are your words-

"Chelsea, are considered (By pretty much everyone apart from Arsenal fans), to be the biggest and most successful club from London...."

My post was very accurate. I'm not giving you an opinion on whether I agree with that statement or not. You are getting incredibly defensive whilst talking down Arsenal on an Arsenal Forum.

"It's a bit annoying going on to another fan forum and telling them they are a small club compared to their local rivals."

My first 50(ish) posts on here were all to do with the Maddison deal, and the information I have due to a mate of mine working within the recruitment/scouting department at Leicester.
So really, you've completely disingenuously, created a false narrative about what my posts have been about.

To suggest I'm here, just 'talking down Arsenal', is a false narrative of what my posts have been about.

Do I disagree that Arsenal are the 3rd biggest club in the country? Absolutely.
But like I actually keep saying, if you bother to read my posts properly, bragging about the 'Size' of a club, is irrelevant to current and future success.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Auba was a world class player. It is undeniable.

My theory is that we can attract all the "top players" that don't have better offers. Better offers would be more money and a more prestigeous club like United, Chelsea, City and at the moment, Liverpool. Leicester is not even a blip on the radar if we offer the same money unless there's a strong loyalty factor like with Vardy (or ESR for Arsenal).

It depends on the interpretation of 'World Class', for me, as it's someone who is considered to be 'One of the best in the world at what they do'....I'd consider it to be top 3.

Lewandowski/Aguero/Kane were all better than Aubameyang at the time.

Signing 'World Class' players shouldn't be Arsenal's current intention anyway.
Players that can be signed for good fees, with the potential to become these kind of players, is what Arsenal always did so well, especially before the end of Wenger's reign.
That's how Arsenal get back to where they want to be, along with development of their own players (ESR, Saka etc).

Underhill

If you limit it to top 3 in the world in his position there's barely any team in england who ever attracts "top players".

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
If you limit it to top 3 in the world in his position there's barely any team in england who ever attracts "top players".

You said he was 'World Class'....Not just a 'Top player'.

Aubameyang is in that tier below World Class.

I'd say Özil was 'World Class' when he was signed to be fair, he was exceptional at Real.
Sanchez, though for me, was again, just a level below that.

Underhill

You said he was 'World Class'....Not just a 'Top player'.

Aubameyang is in that tier below World Class.

I'd say Özil was 'World Class' when he was signed to be fair, he was exceptional at Real.
Sanchez, though for me, was again, just a level below that.
You have a very unique opinion on what world class is. To most peoples definition he was world class. Alexis was not when he arrived but he proved to be. Özil was world class (but not by your definition as he wasnt one of the three best).

Point remains. Arsenal can attract "top players" or even world class ones. They just need to pay more than some clubs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There no excuse of not try and put 60m on Maddison now after getting about 25m on willock i don't think money is problem but clearing the squad was

Having all these Foxes in the forum reminds me of the summer we signed Tierney. Having all these Celtic fans on the forum telling us how Tierney wouldn't come until they won 10 in a row, (must check how that worked out for them) and how we wouldn't get him for below 35 million and how Septic were a bigger club etc etc etc. By the end of the window Tierney was an Arsenal player and for a lot less than £35 million!!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Having all these Foxes in the forum reminds me of the summer we signed Tierney. Having all these Celtic fans on the forum telling us how Tierney wouldn't come until they won 10 in a row, (must check how that worked out for them) and how we wouldn't get him for below 35 million and how Septic were a bigger club etc etc etc. By the end of the window Tierney was an Arsenal player and for a lot less than £35 million!!
It’s literally small club mentality. You can’t stop the big boys from taking your assets, but you can try and go out throwing a few jabs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Honestly i don't mind they come here and be respectful but don't need to come here and talk BS or try to troll

SlyFox

Except us Leicester fans have said pay the asking price and he’s yours. Just be prepared to overpay.

Except us Leicester fans have said pay the asking price and he’s yours. Just be prepared to overpay.
I genuinely don't care if we get him or not. If we don't get Maddison, we get someone else. Leicester will evolve anyway. Rodgers will make sure of that.

SlyFox

I genuinely don't care if we get him or not. If we don't get Maddison, we get someone else. Leicester will evolve anyway. Rodgers will make sure of that.
I’m not overly fussed either way as well, as I feel it would allow us to get a right winger. Big season for Maddison I think if he wants to fulfil his potential.

Top Bottom