• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Tarkowski

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Full article:
Arsenal and Manchester City are monitoring James Tarkowski with a view to bidding for the Burnley centre back next summer.

The 25-year-old is happy at Burnley and his performances for the club have taken him to the brink of an England call-up, but an offer from a Champions League club would leave him with a difficult decision to make.

Burnley will not countenance offers for Tarkowski next month as they seek to build on their remarkable start to the season that has taken them to sixth place in the Premier League. However, as they demonstrated when selling Michael Keane to Everton in July, the club have sold players when they judge the price and timing to be right.

As a Mancunian who returned to the North West from Brentford in February 2016, primarily for family reasons, a move to City would have obvious appeal for Tarkowski, although he may find regular first-team football easier to achieve at Arsenal.

Both clubs have been seeking to sign a homegrown centre back and had pursued Jonny Evans, the West Bromwich Albion defender, who is now more likely to rejoin Manchester United if he leaves The Hawthorns.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looked impressive but so was Keane but he look s**t with Everton and took time to settle it will be risky buy

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Haven't seen him enough, but I'd be wary of this considering Sean Dyche has managed to make Stephen Ward look like a decent defender. Tarkowski might leave and look like a bag of ****.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm always wary of defenders who look the goods in defensive set ups. You have to be pretty special to come here and look good.

pikey2000

Hard to get hyped about this guy, agree with others, looks good in their setup but would struggle in ours, as Keane has @every little thing

I doubt there is a single defender on the planet that could solve our defensive issues single handed as our issues are more tactical than individual

I don't rate Tarkowski, or the likes of Jonny Evans, Michael Keane etc any better than our CB's individually and thrown into our system I think we would be wasting money unless it is to cover injuries

nick gould

I signed him for my wife’s fantasy league team. He has been impressive. Apart from that I don’t know what to think of him. Chambers has been impressive in the Caribo cup. Why not give him more opportunities.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I was trying to find a highlight compilation of him but couldn't find any. Doesn't bode well that no one considers him worthy of a highlight reel.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom