• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerHart

Thing is IF Vardy stays at Leicester do the Leicester fans that have abused him and his wife think ah ok let's forget everything, and does Vardy and his wife still feel comfortable and supported by Leicester fans, I mean 2+ weeks of abuse is hard to forgive

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I don't know, obviously, but something about the Vardy story makes me think the opportunity to work with such a legendary manager is the only thing missing. To play for such a respected icon in world football, for all his faults he truly is, now, one of a kind and most likely the last of his kind.

From non league to Arsène Wenger is in itself a fairy tale story.
Arsenal, the club, is a pretty huge draw also...

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I still think the deal is done and we're just witnessing some minimizing of backlash from Leicester and Vardy's camp. Also could be a bit of posturing to secure some more money as the longer this draws out, the higher chance of a better offer being placed. It's a gamble though as now Wenger has made it pretty clear, take it or leave it.
Take it or leave Jamie - don't **** **** around. The Law always wins.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Dein there just as he was during the England friendly the day before all the rumours broke.

Dein, based on these recent public football images of him and Wenger, must be back in Wengers ear. I hope.

Let's hope so, Dein was who Wenger always turned to when he was feeling the pressure. His influence cannot be underestimated. He is someone that makes things happen.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Dein there just as he was during the England friendly the day before all the rumours broke.

Dein, based on these recent public football images of him and Wenger, must be back in Wengers ear. I hope.

They've always remained close friends, remember a few summers back Wengers holiday, on the slide into the ocean, that was with Dein as well. Its good to see them together, I think Dein is one of only a few who Wenger would take advice from, possibly the only one :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They've always remained close friends, remember a few summers back Wengers holiday, on the slide into the ocean, that was with Dein as well. Its good to see them together, I think Dein is one of only a few who Wenger would take advice from, possibly the only one :)

Yeah they always meet up at least once a week apparently .

Plutarch

I was keen on buying Vardy because we're so desperate for a new striker. I'm not quite so sure after watching the England Slovakia match. He was completely ineffective against their packed defence, something that Arsenal very often face. Only one game, I suppose, and also England don't have the skilful passers that we do. Still, he really was invisible for much of the game.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I was keen on buying Vardy because we're so desperate for a new striker. I'm not quite so sure after watching the England Slovakia match. He was completely ineffective against their packed defence, something that Arsenal very often face. Only one game, I suppose, and also England don't have the skilful passers that we do. Still, he really was invisible for much of the game.

He did defend and pressured up the pitch well, tho.

But can he defend set pieces?

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
The Lukaku story is from Tuttomercatoweb and being picked up by The Daily Star. Ergo, it is BS.

Hope it's not Vardy or bust for us, tho.

noon

I'm still amazed why people want this transfer to happen, we can do so much better.

Btw Lukaku is a good shout, only problem is the price tag, I can't see us paying 50 million for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom