Jan Oblak

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Cazorlinho, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arai

Arai Moderator Moderator

Sounds like wishlisting. How about Begovic?

Monitoring that guy since his days Stoke.

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

Current goalkeeper rankings for this season in La Liga.

[​IMG]

3. Indian Gunner

Indian Gunner Member

Possible this'll happen. Griezmann moving to Barcelona or ManUtd, so Atleti may replace him with Laca. So Swap deal is possible. Laca + 20 mil.

4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

What does the movement of strikers have to do with this?

5. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

You don't exchange Lacazette for Oblak. Just because Auba has signed, it doesn't mean we sell Lacazette. What happens if Auba gets injured? What about players to make an impact off the bench. What about when Özil or Mhiki get injured and we can go to 2 up front. What about all the competitions we are in. Having two strikers is key. We have suffered so much in the past by running one striker into the ground. There is no reason why we cannot give both game time.

MLK79, Giroud12, Rygura and 7 others like this.
  6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

Don't know why we are talking about Lacazette here but he will probably assess his situation in the summer and if he lose out on world cup he might ask to leave.

7. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

Signing Oblak would show we are the new Arsenal and are serious of challening and are not messing around anymore.

DasBootist, krengon, Rygura and 5 others like this.
  8. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Then City and Utd go out and outspend us... We are still quite far off from challenging the oil clubs.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  9. zhaggy

zhaggy Active Member

Outspend doesn`t necessarily mean that you can assemble a better team.
    We still have to be smart and get the right people in.

Rygura, asukru, Windowlicker and 2 others like this.
  10. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

They can throw money around if they don't get it the first time... These lot were ready to get replacements for a player out for 4 weeks. Come on now, we haven't replaced a player who has been out close to a year and a half :lol:

11. zhaggy

zhaggy Active Member

Lets just hope they never get it right:)

Re: Oblak , yes pls.

12. blaise

blaise Well-Known Member

This should be our summer prirority, our poor defending is more connected to our setup than quality of our players so having a world class keeper would help us a lot. This is Ozilesquee type of signing and it could be possible.

13. Özillionaire

Özillionaire Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

There's no words to describe how happy I would be to see some big names on the defensive end of our team next year. Time to go big on GK, CB, DM.

A team of Oblak, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Tah, Fabinho, Ramsey, Mkhi, Özil, Guedes, Aubameyang would be close to the wishlist dream.

The winger is less urgent and obviously Guedes would almost be unattainable so that's not to be taken too literally. Would definitely love Fabinho and Oblak here though. I'm a big fan of Tah's strength and presence and I think he's composed for a big man.

Also think we need a LB if Kola isn't going to make it here.. his shift against Everton bordered on pathetic.

Fouz likes this.
  14. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

United have had a few years of trying that, didnt work out so well

15. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

Anyone seen much of Timo Horn? I think I'd prefer an elite CB (Koulibaly) and Horn, than going for Oblak and a budget signing for the defence.

Might even be able to get some of the Cech fee back by shifting him to West Ham

16. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

o_O
    This isn't 2010, Begovic's not really much of an improvement on what we already have.
    Trying to get Oblak and end up with Begovic would be like trying to sign Aubameyang and end up with Andy Carroll. Incredibly disappointing.

17. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Why would West Ham want him? On current form Adrian's the better keeper.

Mrs Bergkamp and Giroud12 like this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

If we can sign top5 GK in the world then that is better than much other we could do under Wenger. I mean De Gea wins United points every other game even if their defense is ****.

Wenger could sign the best defenders in the world and still struggle in modern game to get it right. But he really can't mess up with world class GK.

Rygura, Malky and tap-in like this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

GK at 80 M is worth more than defenders at 240 M at Arsenal. - Hydrofluoric acid 07.02.2018

Sanchez11's ghost and dashsnow17 like this.
  20. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Completely agree. A great keeper not only makes great saves, they also give confidence to the those in front of them. We have lacked a top keeper since Lehmann and our achievements since are reflected by this fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.