• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Sounds like wishlisting. How about Begovic?

Monitoring that guy since his days Stoke.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Current goalkeeper rankings for this season in La Liga.

Screen_Shot_2018-02-03_at_8.28.32_PM.png

Possible this'll happen. Griezmann moving to Barcelona or ManUtd, so Atleti may replace him with Laca. So Swap deal is possible. Laca + 20 mil.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Possible this'll happen. Griezmann moving to Barcelona or ManUtd, so Atleti may replace him with Laca. So Swap deal is possible. Laca + 20 mil.

You don't exchange Lacazette for Oblak. Just because Auba has signed, it doesn't mean we sell Lacazette. What happens if Auba gets injured? What about players to make an impact off the bench. What about when Özil or Mhiki get injured and we can go to 2 up front. What about all the competitions we are in. Having two strikers is key. We have suffered so much in the past by running one striker into the ground. There is no reason why we cannot give both game time.

Don't know why we are talking about Lacazette here but he will probably assess his situation in the summer and if he lose out on world cup he might ask to leave.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Outspend doesn`t necessarily mean that you can assemble a better team.
We still have to be smart and get the right people in.
They can throw money around if they don't get it the first time... These lot were ready to get replacements for a player out for 4 weeks. Come on now, we haven't replaced a player who has been out close to a year and a half :lol:

zhaggy

They can throw money around if they don't get it the first time... These lot were ready to get replacements for a player out for 4 weeks. Come on now, we haven't replaced a player who has been out close to a year and a half :lol:

Lets just hope they never get it right:)

Re: Oblak , yes pls.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

There's no words to describe how happy I would be to see some big names on the defensive end of our team next year. Time to go big on GK, CB, DM.

A team of Oblak, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Tah, Fabinho, Ramsey, Mkhi, Özil, Guedes, Aubameyang would be close to the wishlist dream.

The winger is less urgent and obviously Guedes would almost be unattainable so that's not to be taken too literally. Would definitely love Fabinho and Oblak here though. I'm a big fan of Tah's strength and presence and I think he's composed for a big man.

Also think we need a LB if Kola isn't going to make it here.. his shift against Everton bordered on pathetic.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
United have had a few years of trying that, didnt work out so well

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone seen much of Timo Horn? I think I'd prefer an elite CB (Koulibaly) and Horn, than going for Oblak and a budget signing for the defence.

Might even be able to get some of the Cech fee back by shifting him to West Ham

Malky

Established Member
Sounds like wishlisting. How about Begovic?

Monitoring that guy since his days Stoke.
o_O
This isn't 2010, Begovic's not really much of an improvement on what we already have.
Trying to get Oblak and end up with Begovic would be like trying to sign Aubameyang and end up with Andy Carroll. Incredibly disappointing.

Malky

Established Member
Anyone seen much of Timo Horn? I think I'd prefer an elite CB (Koulibaly) and Horn, than going for Oblak and a budget signing for the defence.

Might even be able to get some of the Cech fee back by shifting him to West Ham
Why would West Ham want him? On current form Adrian's the better keeper.

If we can sign top5 GK in the world then that is better than much other we could do under Wenger. I mean De Gea wins United points every other game even if their defense is ****.

Wenger could sign the best defenders in the world and still struggle in modern game to get it right. But he really can't mess up with world class GK.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we can sign top5 GK in the world then that is better than much other we could do under Wenger. I mean De Gea wins United points every other game even if their defense is ****.

Wenger could sign the best defenders in the world and still struggle in modern game to get it right. But he really can't mess up with world class GK.

Completely agree. A great keeper not only makes great saves, they also give confidence to the those in front of them. We have lacked a top keeper since Lehmann and our achievements since are reflected by this fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom