• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

January 2017 - Transfer window - rumours & predictions

Wise!

Our squad is pretty balanced and solid. Only superstar signing would make sense at this stage, and they are not available in january!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can't see us being too active. Priority is giving Alexis and Özil whatever they want for their extensions.

Other then Draxler (who apparently said he'd like to leave again) any big names moving will be an exception.

Would like to see us targeting promising talent on both fullback positions if possible.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Can't see us being too active. Priority is giving Alexis and Özil whatever they want for their extensions.

Other then Draxler (who apparently said he'd like to leave again) any big names moving will be an exception.

Would like to see us targeting promising talent on both fullback positions if possible.
Both?

carlito'sway

Established Member

I still think we are one big player short up front to be able to win a title this season. When Arsenal won with `the Henry Bergkamp pair, they also had Pires and Freddy on the right and left sides and those two were scorers and playmakers in their own rights.
Our current crew of Theo/Iwobi/Ox/Ramsey is not good or consistent enough and unless one of them (or Danny W) ends up having a breakout season, I am afraid we may fall short yet again.
We should go after Draxler, he is available and would be a major addition. He would come here with a chip on his shoulders and could be the missing piece.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
No transfers in Jan is what I expected for us.

Expect City and Man U to do some business.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Maitland-Niles did ok at right-back, but isn't tipped for a more central role? I don't think Jenkinson will be with us long (1 more season tops), same with Debuchy. Gabriel can play there if needed and Chambers should be focusing on CB. So there is space for a project.

On the left we have Monreal and Gibbs, and I don't really trust Gibbo all that much.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

If true United and Chelsea should really go in for him at that price.

Axel_Gunner

Bild linking us with Draxler but i don't see this happening.

yes but only rumour-talk. Draxler situation at Wollfsburg is bad, i'm sure he will leave in near future. Reports about a release clause of 75m € in summer. Wolfsburg will never get that anyway.

Bild just brings back old stories about possible Draxler deal to Juventus, PSG or Arsenal. But thats just sh*t-talk. The stories are as old as his transfer from Schalke to Wolfsburg.

HK_Gooner

The best news we will get this window is if Özil and/or Sanchez re-sign. Thats looking more likely to happen in the summer though. If we can't sign them, we will move them on and get what we can for them. No need for either side to blink before then.

The only move we will likely make is a loan move for cover if we get hit with injuries. Otherwise we go with what we have, which Im quite happy to do.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Two players came to mind while thinking about what we need and a possible transfer, Payet and Draxler. Its highly unlikely we'll move though. We need to be after a LB and AMF/Winger starting from January since Man City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea etc will definitely be looking at those positions. Getting someone like Gaya over the line in Jan or laying the groundwork for the summer at least is important imo. Be proactive with opportunities instead of being left behind, please.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I could see Draxler happening but I am worried about getting him. Who knows he could still explode. I would love for us to go in for Toby even he isn't needed lol, I think Chelsea would do well with him.

I see City going crazy with the cash and potentially United overspending on some hyped up player whose having a wonder season thus far at a lower club....Capoue from Watford lol?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom