• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jarrod Bowen

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Arteta saying we are little short of quality in certain positions and going for another right winger.

Pepe is dead here. 🤣🤣🤣
hydro when someone mentions Pepe:
946.jpeg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This like listening to your drunk uncle on Christmas ffs :lol:

I need to see Pepe do it in a league that's better than Ligue 1 to properly judge this, and so far he's just been okay at best, but mostly poo. I do get the point of him arguably being better technically, but Bowen's movement off the ball and finishing ability is getting really underrated on here imo. He's a good dribbler, keeps it close to his body and is able to make a decisive pass at the right time. He's just solid as ****, like a modern winger without a real weakness, but no like eyepopping strengths either, which is probably part of your point as well.

He is really plug and play, so I agree with that part. Hard for me to see a system where Bowen wouldn't at least by decent in, but the theoretical (at this point, mythical :lol:) counter attack system where Pepe gets to use his movement, pace and finishing to its full potential is a hypothetical higher ceiling in terms of output, but I simply just haven't seen enough of it from him to say so definitively.

You literally told me Bowen’s ceiling was Matt Jarvis :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This like listening to your drunk uncle on Christmas ffs :lol:

I need to see Pepe do it in a league that's better than Ligue 1 to properly judge this, and so far he's just been okay at best, but mostly poo. I do get the point of him arguably being better technically, but Bowen's movement off the ball and finishing ability is getting really underrated on here imo. He's a good dribbler, keeps it close to his body and is able to make a decisive pass at the right time. He's just solid as ****, like a modern winger without a real weakness, but no like eyepopping strengths either, which is probably part of your point as well.

He is really plug and play, so I agree with that part. Hard for me to see a system where Bowen wouldn't at least by decent in, but the theoretical (at this point, mythical :lol:) counter attack system where Pepe gets to use his movement, pace and finishing to its full potential is a hypothetical higher ceiling in terms of output, but I simply just haven't seen enough of it from him to say so definitively.
I rate Bowen highly, don’t get me wrong. I’d back him to score and create more in our side every day of the week, not that we’ll get our hands on him any time soon.

We can talk about his decision making, opportunities etc, but for me it all stems from Pepe just having not worked out. Shades of Memphis at Man Utd imo. The PL can do that to certain types. I’m sure he’d land safely and be consistent in probably every other top league in Europe bar the PL.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Bowen would be a decent, functional signing I think.

Not a signing to really get you hot under the collar but he's not the sort you would worry about flopping here. He'd do the job pretty well and consistently.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bowen is the safer bet with his more conventional and straight forward style, but I think Pepe is the better player. I think Pepe is better than Martinelli too, but like Bowen, Martinelli is just less complicated to get product from. It’s like Pepe is a pineapple and Bowen is an orange. Both very tasty, but Pineapple juice is better. However squeezing the slightly less exotic orange is easier! 🤯
Similar to how your boy Özil was the cherry on top but never had the cake around him? 👀

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Bowen would be a decent, functional signing I think.

Not a signing to really get you hot under the collar but he's not the sort you would worry about flopping here. He'd do the job pretty well and consistently.

Nah nothing decent about that signing, would be full on erection mode if we pull him off

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Bowen is the safer bet with his more conventional and straight forward style, but I think Pepe is the better player. I think Pepe is better than Martinelli too, but like Bowen, Martinelli is just less complicated to get product from. It’s like Pepe is a pineapple and Bowen is an orange. Both very tasty, but Pineapple juice is better. However squeezing the slightly less exotic orange is easier! 🤯
Quite articulate for a fella who robs the local Waitrose for his cider fix.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Nah nothing decent about that signing, would be full on erection mode if we pull him off

I mean, he's decent to good at everything. Though there's nothing about him that stands out as exceptional to me. No X-factor.

He's a well rounded player that would probably come in as our second best wideman. I'd be happy to have him.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Bowen is a wonderfully direct player, who doesn't have amazing skills or flair, but knows exactly what his game is. That said, not a good enough fit for us stylistically to be worth the money West Ham would want for him. I would be astonished if we even bid for him

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I don’t want Bowen. In a possession team like ours he’d struggle even more than Pepe, who’s technically miles ahead of him. I like him as a player, he’s very direct and never stops running, but West Ham is his ceiling IMO.

I’m still scarred from that performance he put in against Hungary for England btw. Looked well out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom