• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jasper Cillessen

Aevi

Hale End FC
I hear Barca fans have been very happy with him this season. Some have said he's too good to be their #2 keeper. This could be an interesting move.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So silly from barca to demand 60M for thier 2nd choice keeper. Cillessen will ask to move anyway

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I hear Barca fans have been very happy with him this season. Some have said he's too good to be their #2 keeper. This could be an interesting move.
Think this would be a good move. Should be much cheaper too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I actually think he’s alright. Obviously not an Oblak or an Allison but he’s very solid nonetheless.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I really like him, he was great in the 2014 World Cup for the Netherlands. A bit suspect when it comes to penalties so don't expect a huge upgrade from Cech in that regard, I remember Van Gaal subbing him off for Krul when it came to shootouts.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
This guy over Leno? Leno is by far the better keeper and younger too. Leno's also a beast at saving penalties.
I believe you haven’t seen Leno regularly? He can be a good goalkeeper but don’t be surprised if he has a Ulreich/Karius moment and makes a massive mistake in a big game!

Stannis

He has never saved a penalty in career I believe

Putting that aside he is solid, but lightweight. If had to take a pick I’d take Leno. Yes Leno has a disaster in him, but his ceiling is much higher, I reckon he needs a change of scenery and hopefully a new coaching team will help him.

Pavlenka remains my first choice, but there have been no links

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He has never saved a penalty in career I believe

Putting that aside he is solid, but lightweight. If had to take a pick I’d take Leno. Yes Leno has a disaster in him, but his ceiling is much higher, I reckon he needs a change of scenery and hopefully a new coaching team will help him.

Pavlenka remains my first choice, but there have been no links
There will be tomorrow

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
I can never really hold something like that against a goalie anyway, saving penalties is mostly just luck. If he'd be a significant upgrade in all other areas and doesn't make stupid mistakes then i'm all for it. Depending on the price of course, but he is 29 so you'd think he wouldn't be too much.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
This man was subbed a few seconds before a penalty shootout because LvG had so little faith in him saving one. Basically, he's the perfect Cech replacement.

To be fair, I think it was rather because LVG had brought a second GK to the worldcup solely because he was known as a "penalty-killer" and hence exactly for those moments.

That being said, splashing 60m on a good but not game-changing GK would be so pointless. An upgrade on Cech, no doubt, but not that much of an upgrade IMO.

Paying 60m+ on a GK should, even in the current crazy market, get you a real game-changer.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Our first targets should be Allison or Oblak. Thereafter, Donnarumma or Lafont.We need a GK that has a "reputation". Apart from De Ligt, I can't think of a single Dutch player that I would want. No thanks.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Our first targets should be Allison or Oblak. Thereafter, Donnarumma or Lafont.We need a GK that has a "reputation". Apart from De Ligt, I can't think of a single Dutch player that I would want. No thanks.
We can’t afford a 100M GK. Well, we can, but won’t do it.

Self sustaining model and all that.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I feel like Cillessen and Leno are about at the same level, only Leno is much more affordable and allows us to spend well in other positions. Easy choice for me.

Top Bottom