• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jasper Cillessen

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Because you’d take a huge risk of destroying a great talent like that. Its better to let him go up step by step, eventually letting him play cup games and mature first. Goalkeepers of his age rarely break through at top clubs, they do at small clubs where there is less pressure.

Look at Svilar, one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe at only 18. Benfica gave him a chance in the CL and this happened:

Hardly played after that, will take time to build him up again. We want to avoid that.

Well, I get your point but aren't there enough counter examples, like Donnaruma and Lafont ?

At least your analysis of Joao screams a strong personality which should help him to do it right away. You can get those confidence knocks irrespective of your age.
If a player is ready to do the trick should always be judged individually, based on talent and personality.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Oooh this guy I’ve seen him live for I think 5 matches in the Ajax Future Cup in 2016. What. A. Talented. Goalkeeper. Commands his area, brilliant reflexes, @Tir Na Nog this guy saves penalties like Diego Alves and he has an aura of confidence around him, not like the helmet wearing goof. @MutableEarth I rate this guy so much I think he can be our goalkeeper for the next 15 years.

My God. What a rush seeing an Arsenal keeper saving 5 penalties in two matches. Would be amazing if we had the next Oblak in our ranks.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No to Cilessen for me. He looks small and weak and in his shell. He doesn't inspire any confidence at all. I'd be nervous seeing him in our kit. What LvG did on that penalty shoot out did it for me and virtually no games in two years is frightening. Please don't buy. He just has one of those faces too a la Debuchy.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Only reason I can think of to take Cillessen is that my Dutch tv channel will finally start to broadcast Arsenal games over Huddersfield/Brighton cause we'd have a Dutchie in the squad. Rather we get de Ligt for that though.
Need to buy cillessen yes you convinced me.

Stannis

It’s actually gone quite for us on the goalkeeping front. Maybe the focus is midfield for now but I can see cech given another season

Aevi

Hale End FC
Seems to have ability, but not quite cream-of-the-crop which makes him a no-go with the price Barca are asking for. If we continue to sign bargains we should splunk big money for Alisson or Oblak.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom