• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Javier Mascherano

nnaife

Damn so paddy probably will go, oh well any player from River Plate is a decent replacement, but maybe we should just get Tevez from Boca and sod the paddy replacement, we'll cope.

siddharth

nnaife said:
Damn so paddy probably will go, oh well any player from River Plate is a decent replacement, but maybe we should just get Tevez from Boca and sod the paddy replacement, we'll cope.

Nnaife i can see that you want us to emulate Madrid of last season. :D
Tevez is a forward and more of an attacking midfielder, a playmaker.
Replacing vieira with tevez would be a disaster. :)

Javier Mascherano is a combative midfielder who's been outstanding for Argentina in the Copa and that is what we need.
I always thought it would be great to have a Argentinian midfielder at Arsenal. :mrgreen:

Although south americans have struggled in the premiership. ;)

nnaife

siddharth said:
nnaife said:

Nnaife i can see that you want us to emulate Madrid of last season. :D
Replacing vieira with tevez would be a disaster. :)

Javier Mascherano is a combative midfielder who's been outstanding for Argentina in the Copa and that is what we need.
I always thought it would be great to have a Argentinian midfielder at Arsenal. :mrgreen:

Although south americans have struggled in the premiership. ;)

we've actually got a lot of central midfielders Tevez is a striker for Boca not a midfielder and he scores goals.
Argentines are cheap anyway compared to euro players so why not get both.

Although as good a player mascherano is, and he is bloody good, he does lack size and in europe thats vital just look at paddy he's a giant. Size = Physicality and Arsenal mustn't conceed the physical advantage to our opponents.

nnaife

Stim said:
siddharth said:
And not even a good one at that!

Stim go to specsavers mate, tevez is one of the best young players in South America if not the best. He's as good as Reyes maybe even better.

tony

he does lack size and in europe thats vital
Javier Mascherano:
HEIGHT: 1.78 M
WEIGHT: 77 Kg
Hes actually exactly as tall as Flamini, but mutch heavier. No way he is lightweight.

MightyArsenal

Tevez is being compared to maradona....not bad. He does have a striking resemblance because of the way he moves and looks. Hes also a great free kick taker, he scored 2 free kicks out of 2 I think in the copa.

lewdikris

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
Tevez is being compared to maradona....not bad. He does have a striking resemblance because of the way he moves and looks. Hes also a great free kick taker, he scored 2 free kicks out of 2 I think in the copa.

Every half decent Argentinian player gets compared to Maradonna, same as every half decent french player is the 'new Zidane'; and Joe Cole and everyone else were the new Gazza. Means nothing.

calvinngai88

Not ALL Argentinians come cheap. Especially Carlos Tevez, definitely one of the great south american talents. Boca has two defenders who are pretty solid at the back. One of them is Burdisso, already gone to Inter. The other one is a left back, but he's tall and thus can play at CB. All these players are at least 5million and above, and that's not considered cheap though!

brianfrance

Established Member
lewdikris said:
MightyArsenal said:

Every half decent Argentinian player gets compared to Maradonna, same as every half decent french player is the 'new Zidane'; and Joe Cole and everyone else were the new Gazza. Means nothing.
so true!

shaz

joaquain > mascherano

talking of which, does anyone else think jaoquain is a spliting resemblance of stevie gerrard? the way her runs, his buit etc, the only thing id say is his face looks like "conner" from neighbours if anyone knows who that is

Denish

shaz said:
joaquain > mascherano

talking of which, does anyone else think jaoquain is a spliting resemblance of stevie gerrard? the way her runs, his buit etc, the only thing id say is his face looks like "conner" from neighbours if anyone knows who that is

Joaquin is a completely different type of player to Mascherano. Joaquin is a right winger, very much in the mould of someone like Overmars, with the ability to beat his man and score as many goals as he creates.

Mascherano is a big, strong, tough tackling centre mid with a good pass on him, much like Paddy.

But still, I would love both in our team - Joaquin is just the type of player we need on the right.[/i]

jacc_7_1

mascherano is a untested player on the european scene and he may need a few season before he starts to perform(or wil he?) look at veron he may be a very gd player at lazio but what happen when he was transfered to man u?then to chelsea? (ok granted the two teams managers are screwee.. dont know how to get the best out of him) but we cant take chances with mascherano as we would need someone to step into paddy shoes right away.. to play in europe n in england n stop the money train from chelsea...
play flamini as he had already excel in the european scene with OM last season... save the money for a cover for CB

Top Bottom