• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Javier Saviola

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You can tell the way Baptista talks he never really wanted to come to us . Even now he uses our name just to show that he worth something . Love Arsène to come and say we have no need for him.

Clarkey

Straight from the Times:

"The manager denied the claims of Javier Saviola’s agent that Arsenal wanted the Barcelona forward. “We are not interested in Saviola at all,” Wenger said. “I have enough forward players. We have Rosicky, Ljungberg, Reyes, Van Persie, Henry, Adebayor, Walcott, Lupoli, Bendtner, Aliadière¸ so where do I put the strikers?”"

Finesse

Ideally, Julio would not fit into the Arsenal squad.I was thinking Arsène wanted to replace Paddy with a younger,stronger and goal scoring attacking midfielder to pair with Gilberto.That is great in theory and we can give Wenger the benefit of the doubt.Maybe that pairing would have been great if Julio came.

But Cesc came in with a different dimension.Creator,link,passing,vision.That is totally different from Wengers 2 strong man midfield system. ( Paddy and Petit) (paddy and Gilberto) (Paddy and Romford Pele) ( Edu and Paddy).

Cesc has began to to the midfield and Berkampesque role.He is on top of his game, and the team is already understanding and getting used to this system.So what else will Baptista offer? Diaby is already a wonderful prospect.I have no doubts in his ability.He will run things in the midfield in a few years.

I do not blame Julio.Very few will turn down Madrid and choose Arsenal.Especially if they are from Brazil and had the dream to play there.Julio had to get his communitarian passport, and it was categoric he was staying in Spain.

At the moment, we do not need Julio.But Wenger may have a plan. I cannot see it, esp if Cesc has to be dislodged.

goonerz49

Finesse said:
Ideally, Julio would not fit into the Arsenal squad.I was thinking Arsène wanted to replace Paddy with a younger,stronger and goal scoring attacking midfielder to pair with Gilberto.That is great in theory and we can give Wenger the benefit of the doubt.Maybe that pairing would have been great if Julio came.

But Cesc came in with a different dimension.Creator,link,passing,vision.That is totally different from Wengers 2 strong man midfield system. ( Paddy and Petit) (paddy and Gilberto) (Paddy and Romford Pele) ( Edu and Paddy).

Cesc has began to to the midfield and Berkampesque role.He is on top of his game, and the team is already understanding and getting used to this system.So what else will Baptista offer? Diaby is already a wonderful prospect.I have no doubts in his ability.He will run things in the midfield in a few years.

I do not blame Julio.Very few will turn down Madrid and choose Arsenal.Especially if they are from Brazil and had the dream to play there.Julio had to get his communitarian passport, and it was categoric he was staying in Spain.

At the moment, we do not need Julio.But Wenger may have a plan. I cannot see it, esp if Cesc has to be dislodged.

great post, spot on

Arsenal_FAN1983

I don't really care about Saviola, and I suprise myself actually because initially I was all for this move, but Wenger has said we will buy a maximum of two players, if that is so a striker should be the last thing on our minds

Good little player and was loved by many barcelona fans untill he started to become to inconsistant with his peformances.He was loaned out expecting to to get back on the right track and didnt work and was loaned out again but he sort of failed again and isn't needed by barcelona now.Very good first touch and despite his height is very hard to knock of the ball and is always around the box nicking it past oponents and plenty of toe poked finishes.

Wenger likes him but i think the way he de-railed his career has put him off plus ive been told saviola is a greedy player.

anesumachoko

Wenger does not talk about players in the transfer markert to the media.You would wander why the reporter asked about saviola and forgot to ask about ribery or yaya or appiah

been

yes very true he is really inconsistent i first saw him in a USA touenament i think it was in like 2003 were ronnie has just came to barca the tournament had barca juve and i think man u and a couple other teams well first game was barca juve and i absolutely fell in love with sav he was terring the juve D up with his moves pace skill etc and won a PK then finally scored but since then i hardly heard of him

Reyes(9)

The manager denied the claims of Javier Saviola’s agent that Arsenal wanted the Barcelona forward. “We are not interested in Saviola at all,” Wenger said. “I have enough forward players. We have Rosicky, Ljungberg, Reyes, Van Persie, Henry, Adebayor, Walcott, Lupoli, Bendtner, Aliadière¸ so where do I put the strikers?”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 85,00.html

We're now done with that STORY ..Next ...

Mckenna

Too lightweight? Maybe, maybe not.

Certainly, proven quality. Reminds me somewhat of Zola. Small but does the job despite his size.

Don't know why Barca ignore him, personally. But that's their loss. I think he could have a big impact. And if he doesn't? What exactly do we lose? With no transfer fee, I'd say go for it...

thegame24

Established Member
isnt there a 3 foreigner rule in la liga?

so only 3 non eu players can play at a time

marquez, etoo, ronaldinho?

Linson

Quite to the contrary I think he may be exactly what we need. Someone who really knows how to finish. The problem is where would he fit in with the strikers we're going to have next season: -

Henry
Van Persie
Adebayor
Vela
Bendtner
Walcott

I personally can't wait 'til Van Persie comes back, we have so sorely missed him!

fabregas

Marquez and Ronaldinho are assimilated earlier this season if I'm not wrong...

He would be perfect imo, only if one striker leaves.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
fabregas said:
Marquez and Ronaldinho are assimilated earlier this season if I'm not wrong...
No wonder Barca are struggling this season. The Borg can't play footie to save their lives.

Re: Saviola - no thanks boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom