• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Javier Saviola

Status
Not open for further replies.

otfgoon

Established Member
Mckenna said:
Too lightweight? Maybe, maybe not.

Certainly, proven quality. Reminds me somewhat of Zola. Small but does the job despite his size.

Don't know why Barca ignore him, personally. But that's their loss. I think he could have a big impact. And if he doesn't? What exactly do we lose? With no transfer fee, I'd say go for it...

He's hardly proven quality, I dont think it can be put down as a coincidence that every team he has played for (including Argentina) refuse to put any faith on him. I've not seen enough to know why but he does seem to disapear from game quite often.

Only thing going for this is as you say he will be on a free and a year down the line if it doesnt work out im sure there will be a team out there willing to pay at least a couple of million.

number_0

Established Member
Linson said:
Quite to the contrary I think he may be exactly what we need. Someone who really knows how to finish. The problem is where would he fit in with the strikers we're going to have next season: -

Henry
Van Persie
Adebayor
Vela
Bendtner
Walcott

I personally can't wait 'til Van Persie comes back, we have so sorely missed him!

we cant assume they will be fit the the whole season, look how many games Ali, baptista and Ade are getting...
besides if we wont get him liverpool will.
mark my words, he will score on his deput against us...

stiiphunn

Established Member
No thanks.

He's not good enough for us. Not strong enough physically, not a good passer and pretty much useless. More often than not you don't even notice him when he's on the pitch.

The guy's been playing for Monaco, Barcelona and Seville ( I think ) and those three clubs had no faith in him. Why?

Monaco could have gotten him at the end of the loan but didn't. There's a reason.

longrufus

Established Member
No thanks, i think with VanPersie, Henry and Ade we have a great variation, with Bendtner and Walcott fighting for a few games. The addition of someone like Gouffran is much more likely.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Canuck said:
Real agree to Saviola
Interesting I suppose.
hmm... i wouldnt be as quick to close this one.. Marca has claimed in the past that Real had signed Henry, Vieira, etc... They are prone to making up a story only to hope it comes true.... but i guess, unless we see it otherwise, it can stay closed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom