• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean-Alain Boumsong

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewdikris

Established Member
Early prediction:

When it comes down to it, he'll screw Rangers and go to one of the other clubs who'll stump up some serious money for him.

THis is a bargaining tool pure and simple.

Nasty business.

Adam

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Early prediction:

When it comes down to it, he'll screw Rangers and go to one of the other clubs who'll stump up some serious money for him.

THis is a bargaining tool pure and simple.

Nasty business.

Interesting, this stunt will certainly catch the clubs attention.

asajoseph

Established Member
Rumoured to be keeping an eye. Don't know why chelsea would sign him, and he's prob too good for Newcastle, but I can't see us putting in a bid for a player with this much experience/this big a reputation.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I woudn't have been surprised if we got him on the basis you described asajoseph, but he is too expensive for us. 10 million is too great.

AFCG7

Established Member
He isnt worth 10 million.. and we can beat that fee down.. didnt Rangers get him on a free?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AFCG7 said:
He isnt worth 10 million.. and we can beat that fee down.. didnt Rangers get him on a free?
That's the figure that's being quoted on the article AFCG7. Doubt it is that much but even if they got him on a free, the fact of the matter remains that he is only in his first season there so in reality should be as expensive as it gets when buying a contracted player.

Also the fact they don't want to sell will make the price higher and they would only7 sell to the highest bidder at a price the are satisfied with. It's not like they are trying to flog him away are they?
Even if they were and Chelsea were in the hunt do you think we would have a chance? That is if the player has no preference to any club prior to being offered a contract.

I've been watching Boumsong this season and he is awesome. He is so cool on the ball it is unbelievable. I know, I know you will criticse the SPL etc. but this man is something I have never seen before. In a very physical league I seriously doubt (I'm 100% serious with this statement) that he has made, at the very most, 10 fouls all season. He seems to win the ball with such ease and in the air no one will get a chance (look at France team photo v. Poland - he makes Patty look small). Unfortunately the big man will leave and I just hope its us that get him. If Woodgate was worth £14million (approx.) then Boumsong would be easily worth £20million, however as he is at Rangers his value will be limited and for £10million it would be a bargain. Thierry speaks very highly of him, in a recent interview he mentioned how JAB was enjoying life in glasgow etc. then mentioned his performance in training for Les Bleus and how physically strong he was and the difficulty in playing against him.

The fella is awesome and does warrant the likes of Newcastle being interested in him, I just hope we are lucky to get him. Also I would ignore the transfer of wee Gio from Rangers as a comparison. Gio wasn't physically strong enough to succeed for us, and some will label him a failure, but his performances at Barca have proved his ability.

brianfrance

Established Member
Reports are saying he's doing a superb start for Rangers. Yesterday he was good. But if I had the choice, I'd go for Thuram. I simply love him :D

Canuck

Established Member
I reckon it'd be easier to pry Boumsoung away than try and get Thuram.
Chelsea probably won't do anything except pretend they are interested to jack up the price. Newcastle are in serious need of a top class defender, maybe even worse than we do. I'd love to see us sign a big name at the back. Someone who could come in and the other Premship teams would think, 'oh crap, playing Arsenal just got tougher.'
:mrgreen: :wink:

Gurgen

Established Member
Boumsong is an excellent defender and could be the person we need. We need a quality CB and right now we've got to splash, no use bickering about money. What good is money to us if we have a ****e defense?

asajoseph

Established Member
Boumsong is an excellent defender and could be the person we need. We need a quality CB and right now we've got to splash, no use bickering about money. What good is money to us if we have a s***e defense?

Exactly! Don't think I could have put it better myself:D Besides, surely this Emirates deal has secured a small amount of cash?

Kristian said:
Newcastle look a better bet.

Only because Souness remains personal friends with Mr. Murray. As when he was at Blackburn Souness used his personal friendship to lead to many dealings (Amoruso, Tugay, B.Ferguson to name a few) however this time around he won't be allowed to steal players from under the noses. For starters big Boumsong will have higher expectations than Newcastle and secondly bigger teams will be interested. I personally hopes JAB stays with Rangers for as long as possible however should he move on I really hope he makes his home under Arsène Wenger. To be honest I can't see the move coming off in January either becuase he isn't allowed to move clubs again until the summer under FIFA rules.

Another we side issue is that when Rangers negotiated his transfer, it was rumoured that JAB would be entitled to a big % of any future transfer fee (I've heard 40%) and this would also insure that Rangers will demand a big fee (£10 at least, imo worth more though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom