Jean-Alain Boumsong

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Robno.7, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollow

hollow New Member

By the way, why the hell did we not sign him on a free. Does anyone know?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weren't keen on him then.

3. UlsterBranch

UlsterBranch New Member

Don't know, we weren't even interested at the time. Was between Rangers and Liverpool but it was the chairman's private jet routine and the training facilities (the best in Europe, pity they aren't put to use properly though) that persuaded him to join Rangers instead.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish Wenger took a private jet over to Sevilla to ponder the Seville and Betis training ground.

5. brianfrance

brianfrance New Member Elite

Younger yes, better no

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thuram' seems to be loosing his for piece by piece looking at each game he plays.
    He was simply awsome during WC 98. Best he's ever been.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

because we are idiots. should have snapped him up

8. TIFANNY

TIFANNY New Member

he's a very good player!!

9. Gazza Martinez

Gazza Martinez New Member Elite

I've always rated him higher than Mexes, who we were constantly linked with last season. I doubt Rangers would sell him on the cheap. Pity, he's top class and will only get better.

10. TIFANNY

TIFANNY New Member

Mexes is a good player and was got a high media profile!! but I agree with you, I think Boumsong is better!!

11. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

Boumsong has said he'd rather stay at Rangers than go to a club like Newcastle..

12. UlsterBranch

UlsterBranch New Member

Newcastle have bid £8million this morning for him. I really hope we enter the fray and get him. Especially if Lauren is to leave then we could move Kolo out to right back and put Boum-Boum in beside Sol. Then in a couple of years when Sol begins to fade we could bring Kolo back into the centre of defence and partner big Boumsong. He would also benfit us at set-pieces (especially defensively where we lack height and strength).

If anyone wants to seen him in action, watch Rangers v. Auxerre tonight on SKY Digital channel 941 (BBC1 Scotland)

13. the dawn raids

the dawn raids New Member Trusted

They'll start at 8, Im sure it will go up to at least 11 if they really want him, and then Chelsea will bid more and buy him and loan him out.

14. UlsterBranch

UlsterBranch New Member

Apologies for giving him the big build up, he was dire tonight :evil:

15. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

Maybe ManCity could work a swap Boumsoung for Anelka. That way they'd get a quality defender while Anelka could play Champs League (next season) with a *snicker* Big Team...

16. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

from what was said on the bbc news this morning boumsong had a stinker last night and they said that he was not worth £6 million.

17. towelie

towelie New Member

i heard he gave away the ball before the goal

18. Spike

Spike New Member Trusted

He made a right howler in the Uefa Cup.

19. Gazza Martinez

Gazza Martinez New Member Elite

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/4107031.stm

Looks like he's on his way out. Worth a bid? He's kind of like Ferdinand; capable of being one of the world's best defenders, but prone to making stupid mistakes. I reckon his value might have gone down a bit after his UEFA Cup performance, so maybe we could put in a bid for him.

20. the dawn raids

the dawn raids New Member Trusted

Hed be a decent buy, but 10 million is a bit steep. 6-8 seems about right, but Rangers wont sell for any less than 10, since more than one team will be after him probably before the window closes again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.