• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean Seri

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Paredes is decent. Some depth!
Yes, Paredes I like. Good talent and the sort of player Argentina don't have or produce. They are getting back Pellegrini as well-don't rate him personally but he is rated highly by EDF and in FIFA. There was a link of Monchi looking to get Denis Suarez on loan with an option to buy too. So many options.

And you never know, Nainggolan may become available. I think I'd cry if we got Nainggolan and save up the tears in a little bottle as memory.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Very nice player but do not want. This guy seems to be an attacking CM who can defend. We're also not dominant enough to cope without some power/athleticism in midfield.

Would prefer that Cyprien guy instead or Naby Keita if possible.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
40M euros is not too much if we really want this guy we can get this deal done quickly

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I feel like this Ed Aarons guy is being used by an agent to put this out there. He's the only one who's mentioned this transfer. It feels a lot like the Henry Onyekuru stuff.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Some say release clauses are illegal in France so don't know how trustworthy that information is. On the other hand, Seri may have a deal in place with Nice not to leave even if such a release clause exists. He's playing in a CL qualifier with Nice against Ajax as we speak. I can see us possibly getting him if Nice fail to qualify.

Edit: One of the issues with Seri is his defensive capabilities. It's not one of his best traits and that's something we need with a CM. More or less we need a CM who is a jack of all trades.

Am I right in thinking that although its illegal to have a release clause in France, they get round it by signing another contract that runs along side the players normal contract that states that the club will release the player if a certain sum is met.

Basically the same, they've just found a loophole. Explained better below:

"Release clauses are officially illegal in France in accordance with LFP rules. The only way in which such a clause could exist is if a separate contract not ratified by the French league was signed between a club, in this example, Lyon and a player, in this example Alexandre Lacazette, which is legally binding to the point where if OL receive a formal offer above a certain price (such is the case between Lassana Diarra and Marseille), they must allow the French international to speak with the club."

Link:

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/alexandre-lacazette-does-not-have-a-release-clause/

say yes

forum master baiter
Yes please.

Going forward he's what we all want for that position.

It was nice if he was a 6"3 brute for the defensive side of the game, but then again he's costing €40m not €100m.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yes please.

Going forward he's what we all want for that position.

It was nice if he was a 6"3 brute for the defensive side of the game, but then again he's costing €40m not €100m.
Agreed. If his work rate is high and we stick with 3 CBs, we can somewhat obviates the need for that 6ft brute midfielder and leaves Xhaka with the ability to stay back a bit more. I do like my tall athletic CMs though ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom