• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean Seri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You can't deny at his height it's going to take some adjustment to England.

Fernando Llorente was just saying how he went from bullying defenders in Spain to getting bullied in England.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
You can't deny at his height it's going to take some adjustment to England.

Fernando Llorente was just saying how he went from bullying defenders in Spain to getting bullied in England.

Dont think Llorente case is a good one. He is a physical player and it worked in Spain. He tried to bring the same here but it didn't work like that for obvious reasons. 5'7 players dont come to PL to bully players. They have 10 other attributes they are all about. That is a problem for PL defenders. They want players to play physical against them, knowing its gonna be easier. But play short, tricky, pacy players and they struggle more. Thats why Modric and Kante (most talked short players) ame and impressed.
Bigger problem then buying 5'7ish tricky player is buying 6'4 guy who is not strong enough

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Bigger problem then buying 5'7ish tricky player is buying 6'4 guy who is not strong enough
Yh at the end of the day its about how you use your attributes. If you're tall and slow and dont make use of your strenght ur nothing.
Similarly, small players like Cazorla who have 0 strength can use their insane balance and agility.
Also, Llorente is a striker, thats a whole another world on the pitch, having battles with defenders, imo central midfielders these days do that much less than strikers will have to. Especially for Seri's probable role in the squad as a B2B rather than anchorman
Thats why Giroud isnt that proficient. Hes a lampost but he doesnt really scare defenders or chuck his weight around, he just cries like a 5'8 tricky winger would when he gets tackled

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Have to say I like the look of him. Short but stocky, has passing range and vision. Looks mobile and good on the ball. Need to see his defensive stats. Looks like a controlling midfielder to me. Could play the Santi role comfortably.

Last edited:

cannonade

Established Member
Yes, please. Looks like a real possible Cazorla replacement. Better than anyone else we currently have in that spot. Would team nicely with Iwobi, and Ox. If Alexis and Özil hang around they'd look good with him too. Now as for that striker....

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
That highlight video was quite underwhelming. Haven't seen him play so I can only go off that, but the time and space he's allowed on the ball doesn't exist in the Prem. 90% of the stuff in that video could easily be done by Xhaka. His dribbling looks erratic as **** and his touch is quite heavy for a guy of his size.

Looking at his stats he doesn't seem like a consistent dribbler either. His passing seems quite decent but you already have Xhaka capable of spraying passes from deep.

I don't see the Cazorla comparison at all tbh. Seem's like people are making a somewhat lazy "small = Cazorla replacement" comparison when he doesn't have anywhere near the touch or dribbling Cazorla does, which is his strongest asset.

Can't say I'm impressed, which is quite bad considering that was a highlight video. I'm not sure he has the dribbling ability to be an effective pairing next to Xhaka and he's certainly not a defensive minded player. I think he'd be yet another odd man out in your midfield tbh.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
That highlight video was quite underwhelming. Haven't seen him play so I can only go off that, but the time and space he's allowed on the ball doesn't exist in the Prem. 90% of the stuff in that video could easily be done by Xhaka. His dribbling looks erratic as **** and his touch is quite heavy for a guy of his size.

Looking at his stats he doesn't seem like a consistent dribbler either. His passing seems quite decent but you already have Xhaka capable of spraying passes from deep.

I don't see the Cazorla comparison at all tbh. Seem's like people are making a somewhat lazy "small = Cazorla replacement" comparison when he doesn't have anywhere near the touch or dribbling Cazorla does, which is his strongest asset.

Can't say I'm impressed, which is quite bad considering that was a highlight video. I'm not sure he has the dribbling ability to be an effective pairing next to Xhaka and he's certainly not a defensive minded player. I think he'd be yet another odd man out in your midfield tbh.
Agree about the time and space thing. Noticeable from the vids.

Jebka23

The best midfielder with Fabinho in Ligue 1 this season.

But I can't see how he can play with Xhaka :confused:

I think that he'll be great in la Liga or Dortmund ;)

For Arsenal, Tolisso, Cyrien or Rabiot ( :drool: ) is a better choice if you want a midfielder from the french league (Fabinho will sign for City, Bakayoko for Chelsea and Verratti is too expensive )...

Last edited:

BBF

Need a Big Black Brute (no racist)
frances-team-captain-patrick-vieira-c-tussles-with-faroe-islands-frodi-h1h450.jpg

That's highly racist :confused:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If he'd make an acceptable backup to Ramsey should he get his inevitable injury then I'd take him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Would love him here. This is probably the level of player I hope for without Champions League football.

Would like to add a couple of well rounded CMs & ship off the likes of Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneney etc.
shipping off ramsey and xhaka? how about coq wilshere and elneny(as u mentioned) first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom