• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean Seri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think in the modern game a tall CM really isnt required whatsoever. Physicality is a factor but it can be offset by other strengths such as tackling, aggression and workrate like Kante has shown.

Buying a tall CM just because 'we need height' is too loose of a demand. We shouldnt be influenced in our decision for our choice as a b2b player because of how big he is.

Maybe that is something we should have considered when buying CB's but I think lets say Kos,Mustafi,Holding,Xhaka,Kola would be good enough at defending corners.. otherwise height doesnt mean much these days apart from influecning a players physicality

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In terms of steel, we have aggressive players like Kos, Mustafi, Xhaka and Kola (sanchez is rugged for a winger too) and holding has shown he can play dirty. Coq is like that too off the bench and Wilshere as well.

Not to mention the fact that Seri may himself be an aggressive player too, I dont think Arsenal are considered push overs anymore like we were a few years back when we played arteta as our CDM

Naby keita

I think in the modern game a tall CM really isnt required whatsoever. Physicality is a factor but it can be offset by other strengths such as tackling, aggression and workrate like Kante has shown.

Buying a tall CM just because 'we need height' is too loose of a demand. We shouldnt be influenced in our decision for our choice as a b2b player because of how big he is.

Maybe that is something we should have considered when buying CB's but I think lets say Kos,Mustafi,Holding,Xhaka,Kola would be good enough at defending corners.. otherwise height doesnt mean much these days apart from influecning a players physicality

Well i disagree, the only reason Sp**s are doing well is because of physicality. you see how they fared in europe... they were humiliated. In england the tactical game is so bad that you can actually do well with limited brutes like wanyama,dier,walker and the likes.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Well i disagree, the only reason Sp**s are doing well is because of physicality. you see how they fared in europe... they were humiliated. In england the tactical game is so bad that you can actually do well with limited brutes like wanyama,dier,walker and the likes.
lol with your implication that physicality plays a massive role in success you might as well call Barca, Liverpool, City average teams.

A team must play to their strengths. Wenger isnt the type to make a lot of use of rugged limited CDMs for example, they'd just look like sloppy ****s in our team these days..

Poche has created a very physical and strong team who rely on their structure and shape to win games. Stick Wanyama or Dier to play CM for us and I guarantee they wont be very good in our system.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
a big factor in why Sp**s failed was because of the Wembley home games tbf, we struggled with that in the 90's I believe

not to mention they are new to the CL, Liverpool and City were rubbish in their first couple seasons there.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So Seri is 4 centimeters shorter than Cazorla. I don't see the problem. If he comes, it won't be to be "the new Vieira."

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Good. I compared him to Kante with the added bonus that he is more technical and better offensively. I would be happy to see him next to Xhaka.
what is he like in terms of his tackling and aggression? is he an energetic dribbler or more of a passer?

Gegen Pressing

I noted somewhere we are lacking our usual armada of technical midgets.
Seri is the midget but is he super technical like Carzola (yep Car Zola)?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He is very energetic, excellent vision and good passing range. He is also very mobile and competent defensively. He does not tackle a lot, he tends to stay on his feet.
This guy or Cyprien? I really liked what I saw of Cyprien.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't care how good he is tbh, he's definitely not as good as Naby Keita and that's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom