• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean Seri

Status
Not open for further replies.

6gunner

Our midfield would lack attacking qualities if we sell Ramsey, but that is the case only provided we play 4-3-3. 4-2-3-1 makes more sense because of Özil and it is a system Ramsey has no place in, bar that piss hot form he showed 4-5 years ago.

Football has changed. There is no place for a player like Özil in midfield. On the offensive end in the middle he is taken out of the game to easily by physical play and on the defensive end he can’t/doesn’t press to win the ball back. Moreover, to play Özil and Xhaka in the same midfield, certainly against a team that can play with the ball, only compounds our defensive issues.

Ramsey, on the other hand, is very good at winning the ball back by pressing and offensively he’s one of the most productive players in the PL in the penalty box. With Torreira behind him, he’ll have more freedom to get there.

6gunner

I do like them, just not at the expense of a solid midfield. Leave the goals to the attackers and concentrate on dominating the midfield, don’t abandon your teammates or your position and provide for the attackers.

Seri is no slouch as far as through balls go, he and Aubameyang would have a field day, reminiscent of the Cesc-Adebayor days.

I think you greatly over rate Seri’s offensive capabilities. In 36 L1 and EL games last year he had 2 goals and 6 assists. And this is the guy you want to replace Ramsey?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Football has changed. There is no place for a player like Özil in midfield. On the offensive end in the middle he is taken out of the game to easily by physical play and on the defensive end he can’t/doesn’t press to win the ball back. Moreover, to play Özil and Xhaka in the same midfield, certainly against a team that can play with the ball, only compounds our defensive issues.

Ramsey, on the other hand, is very good at winning the ball back by pressing and offensively he’s one of the most productive players in the PL in the penalty box. With Torreira behind him, he’ll have more freedom to get there.
I actually agree with you about Özil luxury player these days imo

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I think you greatly over rate Seri’s offensive capabilities. In 36 L1 and EL games last year he had 2 goals and 6 assists. And this is the guy you want to replace Ramsey?
He played for Nice last season while he would be assisting Lacazette and Aubameyang here. His assist numbers will increase dramatically whether he joins us or Chelsea (though more at us).

His passing range is incredible if you watch him, much more dangerous than Ramsey's. As for the goals, we won't need them if we have a solid defence and let the attack do their job.

FEH

I have always been critical of Ramsey to the point where I wanted him gone last year. But as decent as Seri is, I wouldnt replace Ramsey for him. You need a scoring midfielder in the squad and theres not many with a better knack for them than Ramsey. He should be given a year under Emery with clear instruction and review it once the season is done. If guys like Mustafi, Jenkinson, Perez are getting a chance then Aaron should be nowhere near the exit door.

Those figures for Seri posted above are absolutely ****e, if we're being honest. And thats in Ligue 1.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I have always been critical of Ramsey to the point where I wanted him gone last year. But as decent as Seri is, I wouldnt replace Ramsey for him. You need a scoring midfielder in the squad and theres not many with a better knack for them than Ramsey. He should be given a year under Emery with clear instruction and review it once the season is done. If guys like Mustafi, Jenkinson, Perez are getting a chance then Aaron should be nowhere near the exit door.

Those figures for Seri posted above are absolutely ****e, if we're being honest. And thats in Ligue 1.

Do you really need a "scoring midfielder"? Do the best teams in the world have a midfielder so obsessed with scoring that he clearly affects the rest of the team defensively?

I admit, I'm ready to give Ramsey a chance under Emery now that we've signed a few more defensive minded midfielders but I wouldn't be upset either if he left (maybe even happy if he did, provided we replace him properly).

FEH

Do you really need a "scoring midfielder"? Do the best teams in the world have a midfielder so obsessed with scoring that he clearly affects the rest of the team defensively?

I admit, I'm ready to give Ramsey a chance under Emery now that we've signed a few more defensive minded midfielders but I wouldn't be upset either if he left (maybe even happy if he did, provided we replace him properly).

I think the days where we toiled under Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck showed we do need a scoring mid. Might not be the case now with Auba, Lacaz, Mkhi but even though Ramsey has had his fair share of chances and continued to be positionally inept most of the time, I (like you) feel our defensive reinforcements should make him more of a key contributor this season. But if he was to leave I would want better than Seri, who comes with enough drawbacks himself.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Comments like that on A-M never cease to amaze. If there is no place in Arsenal midfield for a guy like Özil, where should he play then? As a GK? o_O
The dude is our best creative and talented player FFS. Case in point, from open play Özil created 7 chances vs South Korea The most by any player in a single game at the 2018 World Cup. So we are going to discard a player of this caliber on fallacious arguments? SMH...

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Comments like that on A-M never cease to amaze. If there is no place in Arsenal midfield for a guy like Özil, where should he play then? As a GK? o_O
The dude is our best creative and talented player FFS. Case in point, from open play Özil created 7 chances vs South Korea The most by any player in a single game at the 2018 World Cup. So we are going to discard a player of this caliber on fallacious arguments? SMH...
I think in modern football you can't really have a defensive passenger anymore. You need someone who works harder with the team. In which system does "creative midfielder" that doesn't do defence fit in? I mean he's not good enough to build a team around like Cesc imo.(Which might not have been the best idea in hindsight)

carlito'sway

Established Member
I think in modern football you can't really have a defensive passenger anymore. You need someone who works harder with the team. In which system does "creative midfielder" that doesn't do defence fit in? I mean he's not good enough to build a team around like Cesc imo.(Which might not have been the best idea in hindsight)

Dude, in football ("modern" or otherwise), you build your team around your best player, period. Specially, if your best player happens to be one of the best in the world at creating chances.
(You know, even in "modern" football, you need to score goals to win games, and to score goals, you need someone to create chances) ;).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom