• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide: Just Call Him Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The tinkerman would be great for his development, incidentally, how does a manager win the premier league and 1 season later end up at Nantes?o_O
A few unexpected 1-0 wins, 13 penalties awarded by refs buying into the dream and you have 81 points. A 5000/1 chance can come up over 38 games which are not statistically that many. Strangely enough about once every 5000 seasons that can happen.

The following season you get normal luck and the fans and board suddenly think you're ****.

No manager can go from brilliant to **** in just a few months, common sense tells you that.

Ewarwoowar

A few unexpected 1-0 wins, 13 penalties awarded by refs buying into the dream and you have 81 points. A 5000/1 chance can come up over 38 games which are not statistically that many. Strangely enough about once every 5000 seasons that can happen.

The following season you get normal luck and the fans and board suddenly think you're ****.

No manager can go from brilliant to **** in just a few months, common sense tells you that.
******* hell!! you're not mincing since you came back from you're trip to the Eastern block. What happen, internet bride not all She were cracked up to be:lol:

Thoroughly on board with the contrived PL of 2015/16

The goal to make PL and football in general a global product.

nigel-pearson-leicester1.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
******* hell!! you're not mincing since you came back from you're trip to the Eastern block. What happen, internet bride not all She were cracked up to be:lol:

Thoroughly on board with the contrived PL of 2015/16

The goal to make PL and football in general a global product.

nigel-pearson-leicester1.jpg
:lol: Took her with me mate.

chessygoal

Jeff needs to play, I would have prefered Lille with Bielsa or Marseille with Garcia or Rennes with Gourcuff, but Nantes is an OK choice even if they are far from their glory days.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Love Nantes, and rate Ranieri. One thing he is one of the best around is working with young players. Would be a great loan move

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Anyone know if Jeff is still in Arsenes or Arsenals long term plans or will he be let go eventually? I remember a while back everyone was saying he was the next big thing, like Reiss Nelson is now but he has barely got any time on the pitch but he is on Arsenals first team player profiles.

chessygoal

Anyone know if Jeff is still in Arsenes or Arsenals long term plans or will he be let go eventually? I remember a while back everyone was saying he was the next big thing, like Reiss Nelson is now but he has barely got any time on the pitch but he is on Arsenals first team player profiles.
I try to keep up with every news regarding Jeff, and right now we know very little.
From what I could gather, Jeff missed the pre-season tour because he came back too late, it must have been a big blow for him, because he worked hard to get back to full fitness.
Then he got "outshined" by Reiss and Joe Willock during pre-season.
He was supposed to be loaned, but apparently it fell through on deadline day (probably because of Ox).
And today Arsène didn't mention him when he talked about younger players who could replace Ox (he mentionned Reiss and Joe).
I still don't believe rumors coming from France in early july saying that Arsène was disappointed in Jeff, but I really hope that he'll get a chance to get back in Wenger plans by playing with our U23 team.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I know this is a highlights video of Nelson, but #11 is Reine-Adelaide. He's gone from tall and skinny to stocky... Apparently he was quite the highlight reel in this match as well but Nelson took the plaudits.

He's gained quite a bit of weight/muscle since the last time we saw him. They must be working some fitness voodoo behind the scenes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I know this is a highlights video of Nelson, but #11 is Reine-Adelaide. He's gone from tall and skinny to stocky... Apparently he was quite the highlight reel in this match as well but Nelson took the plaudits.

He's gained quite a bit of weight/muscle since the last time we saw him. They must be working some fitness voodoo behind the scenes.
Yeah, he was much better in that game. First time in a while he looked really good - not quite unplayable but he dovetailed extremely well with Nelson, who dominated the ball. All 4 of Willock, Nelson, Jeff and Maitland-Niles really controlled the ball well, with Osei-Tutu and DaSilva really manning the flanks well.

But Jeff dribbled extremely well and his passing was crisp.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He showed promising signs on loan, will be interesting to see what happens with him after preseason..
Emery's challenge for Jeff should be more goals and more decisive dribbles with passes/shots on the end. Jeff wants to be more of an attacker so he has to act like one in the final 3rd. Tools are there, just needs the conviction. The wings are empty, so he has a chance.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Emery's challenge for Jeff should be more goals and more decisive dribbles with passes/shots on the end. Jeff wants to be more of an attacker so he has to act like one in the final 3rd. Tools are there, just needs the conviction. The wings are empty, so he has a chance.

You think his future is on the wings or more in the middle?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Hopefully Reiss Nelson gets a chance as well. Player of the year in PL2, made a fair share of games for the first team now, hope he can really make a breakthrough now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You think his future is on the wings or more in the middle?

Depends on him really. To me, he should be a central player. Those driving runs from deep, his press resistance and his passing really should ensure that he adopts a central berth but he doesn't seem to enjoy defending much and seems to gravitate further up the field often. I could see him being a #10 possibly but he'll have just as much competition for that role.

Playing as a winger however could work. The problem is Jeff's stunning lack of end product for a player of his technical and physical quality playing in those positions. He is not a particularly strong finisher even though he has decent shooting technique - similar to a certain German of Turkish descent who plays for us. Despite his passing, he also doesn't get many assists either. This tells me that his decision-making - like most players his age - needs a lot of work. He is fortunate that Emery has a reputation for working 1-on-1 one with players like him.

It's up in the air where he plays.
Hopefully Reiss Nelson gets a chance as well. Player of the year in PL2, made a fair share of games for the first team now, hope he can really make a breakthrough now.
Nelson can look back at last season with some encouragement. It wasn't a perfect season in terms of his first team performances by any means, but he is a big talent who has his foot in the door at only 18 years old. He has to acclimatize physically and trust his dribbling more than he does. He's been a bit tentative but that will happen sometimes depending on the player. I'm positive we'll see a much stronger Reiss Nelson next season.

Both he and Jeff (and potentially Xavier Amaechi) can look at the first team next season - if we don't buy any wingers - and think they might have an opportunity to barge their way in. We don't have bonafide 1v1 wide players and all 3 players are excellent dribblers with some physical advantages and technical quality. Whether they take it will remain to be seen, but it can be done as there are no other wingers.

Stannis

Well hopefully he signs a contract. Seemed to be imminent till Wenger left

HappyChap

Both he and Jeff (and potentially Xavier Amaechi) can look at the first team next season - if we don't buy any wingers - and think they might have an opportunity to barge their way in.
I don't understand your constant optimism for Jeff, he looked average on every opportunity with only few exceptions in u23, and even there, I would say there are much better players than him. He doesn't have one single standout attribute and when you compare that to some of the players that made the transition from reserve to first team, it's doesn't look promising.
There are some talented players like Saka, Ameichi or Smith Rowe, who could get some chances and you have other youngsters already in first team who didn't play alot last year like Nketiah and Nelson.
I would say his main goal should be to stay fit and play for u23 until he makes inevitable move to french second division.

legendhenry_14

I don't understand your constant optimism for Jeff, he looked average on every opportunity with only few exceptions in u23, and even there, I would say there are much better players than him. He doesn't have one single standout attribute and when you compare that to some of the players that made the transition from reserve to first team, it's doesn't look promising.
There are some talented players like Saka, Ameichi or Smith Rowe, who could get some chances and you have other youngsters already in first team who didn't play alot last year like Nketiah and Nelson.
I would say his main goal should be to stay fit and play for u23 until he makes inevitable move to french second division.
He was playing good in France first division until he got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom