• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neimad

I'd say it's nothing to do with skill or aptitude as he has that in abundance but perhaps it's a disciplinary issue. I can't see how Wenger would get rid of Jeff on a whim when there's so much potential there. If this is true there's more to it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I can't make sense of this. @MutableEarth do you know why we would do this?
Only that he hasn't kicked on as well as Wenger may have hoped, and there are youngsters behind him who are outperforming him. I think he was mismanaged last season though, should have played more U23 football if he wasn't going to get enough 1st team minutes. He has the talent but he lacks intensity for midfield and doesn't produce enough numbers in attack. Tough spot for him.

I don't think the stories are true though, he will most likely just be loaned instead.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm not Jeff's biggest fan but a sale at this stage would be horrific business. He's had enough bright moments to warrant more time here, which could come in the form of more U23 time with the occasional look in or a loan. I'd prefer the latter personally.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The problem with players like Jeff is we have an abundance of seasoned attacking midfielders and it's hard to justify more than 1 in your starting XI. He's not a winger, he's not a forward and he's not really a CM either. Were he to focus on developing the defensive side of his game I think he'd be in with a shout of more first team opportunities. Similar to how Bellerin got his chance. He definitely needs to play.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
One **** article and people take it as fact, ffs.

Either way, I doubt he'll turn into much. Seen nothing to impress me with him as well as Niles.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Absolute ****e thread

Hasn't been given a squad number nor was he listed in the official squad list. If there are rumors about him leaving, then they're probably on loan given his talent level.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He's listed on the website but not in match day programmes with the rest of the squad. Even the dross we want to get rid of is listed. This was reported by Darren.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Was hoping he was going to be the reincarnation of Diaby's potential in a new body. Loan him out, can't imagine he is taking up much in wages and won't command a big transfer fee, might as well keep.

We've kept the likes of Denilson, Bendtner and so on on big wages so doubt this will hurt us much giving him another year or two to see if he can make a push.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Was hoping he was going to be the reincarnation of Diaby's potential in a new body. Loan him out, can't imagine he is taking up much in wages and won't command a big transfer fee, might as well keep.

We've kept the likes of Denilson, Bendtner and so on on big wages so doubt this will hurt us much giving him another year or two to see if he can make a push.
The reasons we kept those rubbish players are no longer relevant.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We still seem to be stocking rubbish players for long periods.
This is mainly because nobody wants those players. We're a bit stuck with Theo for example. Unfortunately it is a process. I think we start that process this summer. As you should know, AW hates too many changes in a window but this one he will have little choice but to sell many of them.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This is mainly because nobody wants those players. We're a bit stuck with Theo for example. Unfortunately it is a process. I think we start that process this summer. As you should know, AW hates too many changes in a window but this one he will have little choice but to sell many of them.

I'll reserve judgement until the window shuts, problem we've had for years is we ship out a load of these types and then replace them with a few more towards the end of the window, Arsenal ay..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'll reserve judgement until the window shuts, problem we've had for years is we ship out a load of these types and then replace them with a few more towards the end of the window, Arsenal ay..
I hear you. My judgement is also being somewhat reserved but I am strangely optimistic this window which is rare for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom