• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jens Lehmann (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malagar

Would be great :)
Damn Hildebrand is running out of contract - Wenger please ****ing sign him for the summer

JazzG

Established Member
heh thought Sammer was still Dortmund's manager :?

When does his contract expire?

Sammer

Established Member
Hildbrandt´s contract expires June 2005. But he was supposed to sign a new deal on December 1st 2004, which he did not.

I checked the biggest VFB Stuttgart fan forum and these guys pretty much think, that he is gone. The signs are obvious.

It makes a lot of sense: Stuttgart is a good team and this would keep Jens´hopes open to be in the WC 2006 squad (opposed to warming the bench at Arsenal).

So I reckon chances are that:

a) either Hildbrandt stays another year in Stuttgart and then switches to Bayern Munich after Kahn retires

b) he´ll get signed by an english club (rumours on the VFB Stuttgart site are: ManU and Arsenal)

But swapping Jens for Timo would be a great deal. We did that before with Jens and Warmuz, didn´t we? :wink:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
It's strange how we haven't been linked with Hildebrand as of yet because he is one of the better goalkeepers around. I suppose Arsène knows best!

MightyArsenal

Its a question of who offers him the most money because he will be on a bosman. Utd look favourites because the arsenal board do not give big contracts to goalies as was proven when we tried to finalise the deal with Carini who wanted something around £30,000 a week. You also have to wander if wenger actually rates hilderbrandt, because if he did then he would be well aware of the situation he is currently at borussia.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Re: Sammer considers Lehmann move

Sammer said:
source: http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0, ... 79,00.html

Here´s the excerpt in short:

VFB Stuttgart coach Matthias Sammer is putting pressure on Timo Hildebrandt to finally renew his contract by beginning of next week. At the same time, Sammer claimed that he would make contact with Jens Lehmann to replace Hildebrandt, if Timo´s contract is not being signed by that deadline.

Sammer said: "Jens was my first goalkeeper in Dortmund and I feel he will not accept his current situation in London not for long. If Timo leaves us, I would definately consider Jens as a replacement for Timo".

Question is: where would Hildbrandt go? Bayern? - Unlikely due to Kahn not wanting to leave. ManU or Liverpool? Arsenal?

I hope this happens.

I've said it many time over already....Hilderbrandt would be the best option for Arsenal....and to think we could off load Lehmann in the process ....well thats just icing on the cake if you ask me.

Canuck

Established Member
Niemi is sounding off about wanting to go to ManUre and I think Fergie might be interested...

I'd love to see Hildebrand (this is the correct spelling people!) at Arsenal, but I highly doubt it will happen. It seems that a swap plus cash could be workable, Lehmann obviously isn't worth as much as Timo. But with Arsène's infatuation with Almunia recently, I'm not so sure he will be going for a 1st choice keeper at all.

Though you can never tell what Wenger will do...until it's already done~ :wink:

Sammer

Established Member
It all depends, whether Arsène really sees a long-term Arsenal No1 in Almunia.

If yes, there will be no swap deal. If no - we might have an excellent bargaining position.

But Hildebrand has never been linked to us, nor has Arsène said anything about him...

Ratinho

Established Member
Surely, if they got a contracted Lehmann, and we got a Hildebrand whos contract is running out, we'd have to pay next to nothing.

Also, if they genuinely want Lehmann, it puts us in a strong position regarding Hildebrand as we may be able to do a deal that sees him move as part of that transfer, and not go talking to every club possible.

Is it me, or was he seperated from Jussi Jaskalaainen at birth? Weird.

Sammer

Established Member
Ridge said:
Sammer said:
But Hildebrand has never been linked to us, nor has Arsène said anything about him...
yeah thats why I'm so worried about it! :wink:

Could be a good sign though, as Arsène likes to keep his transfer-moves secret :wink:

deki9188

true. wenger doest reveal his dealings. Hes a man of mystery. Might have signed a couple of players already, but doesnt want to tell us.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah, we never heard of a link with Reyes. :roll:

The whole Hildebrand thing is the same as the Kuffour thing, and the Kalou thing. Never even an inkling that we've even been interested, but some people are so sure we are.

Now Stutgart want Lehmann (apparantly), we can think that maybe Wenger might consider trying to broker a deal.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sammer said:
he´ll get signed by an english club (rumours on the VFB Stuttgart site are: ManU and Arsenal)

Not really much of surprise that Stuttgart fans are asuming that Arsenal and United are interested in Hildebrand considering that their probably the two clubs who most in need of a top goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom