• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jens Lehmann...

A

Anonymous

If people were to judge him on his overall performances and not just the 5 or so mistakes he made then you will see just how brilliant he has been, to replace the great dave seaman the way he has has been wonderful
I think it comes down to those 5 mistakes were more in one season than most top keepers make in their career. They were all high profile goals that most cost us dearly. A better keeper wouldnt of made these mistakes, to say all keepers make mistakes is pure ignorance. I cant remember seaman making 5 in one season :|

ozgooner

theguvnor said:
If people were to judge him on his overall performances and not just the 5 or so mistakes he made then you will see just how brilliant he has been, to replace the great dave seaman the way he has has been wonderful
I think it comes down to those 5 mistakes were more in one season than most top keepers make in their career. They were all high profile goals that most cost us dearly. A better keeper wouldnt of made these mistakes, to say all keepers make mistakes is pure ignorance. I cant remember seaman making 5 in one season :|
yeah true but seaman was a freak. in a league of his own :D

A

Anonymous

I know seaman was great, maybe thats why i criticise lehmann so much. But i dont think many of you really understand how a keeper actually saves you. Everyone talks about his saves etc, well, isnt that what keepers are meant to do? Looking at an arsenal program it says arsenal are ranked 5th in the league for shots saved when on target, does that not mean there are 4 better keepers than lehmann? A top keeper would make the saves the lehmann makes, i know some of you might find this a shock, but yes other keepers do make saves, and ALOT less costly mistakes. He will do for now, but it will be funny to hear most of you change your tune when he ****s up again.

gooner4eva

Lehmann is good. If he wasnt then he wouldnt have stood unbeaten in premiership. Still he doesnot inspire great confidence. Agreed he was great against Norwich, but then he was pretty ordinary against Boro. Watching all those goals go in makes you sceptical about him. He has toned down his outbursts and improved his temperament. Hopefully he is going to improve and not have his off days in important matches.

A

Anonymous

Lehmann is good. If he wasnt then he wouldnt have stood unbeaten in premiership. Still he doesnot inspire great confidence. Agreed he was great against Norwich, but then he was pretty ordinary against Boro. Watching all those goals go in makes you sceptical about him. He has toned down his outbursts and improved his temperament. Hopefully he is going to improve and not have his off days in important matches.
thats about it in a nutshell. He can be good, but, he doesnt make any more saves than what another top keeper would. Hes calmed his temperament, thats good, lets hope he stops costing us stupid goals.

Sammer

Established Member
theguvnor said:
I know seaman was great, maybe thats why i criticise lehmann so much. .

You claim to watch many of the Arsenal games in the stadium yourself, guvnor.

Have you actually seen Seaman´s last two seasons? If you thought he was that good - and Seaman wanted to keep on playing - why do you think Wenger has replaced him with Lehmann?

Seaman did not know when to stop obviously and the fact that you rate Seaman´s last seasons higher than Lehmanns performances makes me think you are a bit biased on this issue, arent you?

What costly mistakes are you talking about? The Kiev game? The only big mistakes I see with Lehmann is the Kiev game (arguably) and the shot from Makelele in the CL, where his view was blocked. Unluckily, his deflection went right to a Chelski-players feet.

Other than that - there are no "highprofile blunders" as you put them.

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer said:
theguvnor said:
I know seaman was great, maybe thats why i criticise lehmann so much. .

Have you actually seen Seaman´s last two seasons? If you thought he was that good - and Seaman wanted to keep on playing - why do you think Wenger has replaced him with Lehmann?

Seaman did not know when to stop obviously and the fact that you rate Seaman´s last seasons higher than Lehmanns performances makes me think you are a bit biased on this issue, arent you?

What costly mistakes are you talking about? The Kiev game? The only big mistakes I see with Lehmann is the Kiev game (arguably) and the shot from Makelele in the CL, where his view was blocked. Unluckily, his deflection went right to a Chelski-players feet.

Other than that - there are no "highprofile blunders" as you put them.

Seaman was the greatest keeper Arsenal have ever had. Yep ive seen them all. He saved goals not just your ordinary saves but ones you didnt expect him to make. Guv isnt talking about his last season as we know age started to affect him however both keepers in there prime im afraid Seaman ****s all over Jens. We know he had to be replaced so stop putting words into people mouths. I think Jens blunders have been the Kiev game which was pretty big. Both Chelski games where. Those three have been the BIG three that have affected us. Then there is Leeds and Viduka. Boro was a mistake but not a massive blunder. Then there are the dodgy moments that have me on the edge of my seat.

He is a good keeper but we are Arsenal.

Sammer

Established Member
Aussie said:
. . We know he had to be replaced so stop putting words into people mouths. I.

You are out of line, pal. No need to get cocky now.

Sure you have all right to critizise Lehmann for Kiev and the Chelski games. But when you look at theguvnor´s statement about the Norwich game, which more or less points at Lehmann having had a **** game, there is immediately one conclusion: it´s not about constructive criticism, but player bashing.

I am not into the Seaman-nostalgia and how good he was on his peak - that was years ago. Fact is, that he was way past it.

In the end - and luckily enough - Arsène is the one that has to be convinced who to put between the posts, neither you Aussie, nor theguvnor. And I am glad for that :D Because so far, it has worked quite well.

A

Anonymous

"The fact i rate seamans last seasons higher than lehmanns"
Right, thats it, this is just ****ing stupid. No point in me arguing with you because i dont say anything like that but apparently it can be used against me! Find me where i said anything like seamans last years were better than lehmann, actually, find where i even mentioned seamans last years!!!!!!! That is the most classic example of putting words in ones mouth i have ever bared witness to.

A

Anonymous

Sure you have all right to critizise Lehmann for Kiev and the Chelski games. But when you look at theguvnor´s statement about the Norwich game, which more or less points at Lehmann having had a s**t game, there is immediately one conclusion: it´s not about constructive criticism, but player bashing.
So i say lehmann was good against norwich and that constitutes me meaning he was having a **** game :roll: you plank :!:

A

Anonymous

Lehmanns mistakes:

kiev
chelsea first leg
chelsea 2nd leg (to defend that by saying his vision was blocked is the most bias and one eyed view i have ever heard).
leeds fa cup
inter milan at highbury
boro this season

7 so far, but hes still the best in the league.
Seaman made one mistake half as bad as any of them against brazil and the whole country, and i can garuntee majority of this board slagged him off (can someone varify this as i wasnt on this board at the time).

KoLo28

What happend is history - Anything that goes in the back of our net is all Lehmanns fault and Seaman only ever made one mistake.. :lol:

Seriously though, lets all agree to accept each others opinions on Lehmann and move on.. how repetitive.

Sammer

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
What happend is history - Anything that goes in the back of our net is all Lehmanns fault and Seaman only ever made one mistake.. :lol:

Seriously though, lets all agree to accept each others opinions on Lehmann and move on.. how repetitive.

I´ll subscribe to that....and I am not going to go any further in the discussion.

Adam

Established Member
Arsenal's defence now has the confidence to hold the high line, which you cannot see Lehmann obviously influence - but it's there. That's his ability - and it's crucial to Arsenal's 'Wengerball'.

And when we hold a higher line - we pressure further up the pitch and are more dangerous - incisive and punishing mistakes. To ignore this is naive. We can rely on Lehmann to sweep up, whilst Seaman was too slow off his line.

If he makes 2 or 3 mistake for the extra ****ing 30 goals we score this season.

Thank ****! Make more my man! ;D

A

Anonymous

reason why lehman makes so few saves is because there r so few shots on target not becuase there r 4 better keepers in the epl than him
i bet if u compare statistically the ratio of shots saved to goals scored lehman would be better than niemi and co
seriously he's vocal and keeps the backline in check which prevents shots on target
isnt prevention better than cure???
plus only golaies i would want instead of him is either buffon or toldo
they r truly class

A

Anonymous

reason why lehman makes so few saves is because there r so few shots on target not becuase there r 4 better keepers in the epl than him
i bet if u compare statistically the ratio of shots saved to goals scored lehman would be better than niemi and co
seriously he's vocal and keeps the backline in check which prevents shots on target
isnt prevention better than cure???
plus only golaies i would want instead of him is either buffon or toldo
they r truly class
Thats what the stats were, number of shots on target/goals conceded. So no matter how many shots, fewer or more, it still works out he was 5th.

A

Anonymous

its a known fact we dont have the best keeper in the EPL but he does the job ... keepers i rate above him are freidel, niemi and possibly robinson who are all very consistent performers, but we simply just dont need to pay all that money for them when a 1.5mill(not sure) keeper can do the job for us rather than splashing 7m(or whatever it was) for robinson + co

edit- u wanna know the best value keeper theres ever been in football history? u might think coz he plays in the SPL he doesnt have to do much coz the strikers are crap but i tell ya hes the most consistent keeper ive seen and he only cost rangers 150,000 ... stefan klos - absolutely superb keeper

A

Anonymous

i am still worried about lehmann

he gets beat far to easily at the near posts

give the other dude a chance

A

Anonymous

and i suppose u can do a better job??
lay off him and give him some support ffs

Latest posts

Top Bottom