• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermain Defoe

GOONERITTI

Gunners in for Defoe !!!

Gunners want £5m Defoe

By CHARLIE WYETT

ARSENAL are ready to table a £5million bid for striker Jermain Defoe.

Boss Arsène Wenger hopes to beat Manchester United in the race to sign the West Ham star.

Upton Park chief Alan Pardew wanted to keep Defoe until the summer after banking £2m from the sale of keeper David James to Manchester City.

But Wenger is now on the verge of moving in for 21-year-old Defoe, who is desperate to join a big club.

Wenger has been told he has limited funds for a new player — and a striker is top of the list.

The manager is worried over the goal-scoring burden on Thierry Henry, who has scored 13 of the club’s 40 Premiership goals this season.

Sylvain Wiltord and Kanu have not been prolific scorers, while Dutch hitman Dennis Bergkamp is now 34.

Wenger is a long-time admirer of Defoe but has been unable to compete in the transfer market for the last couple of years.

A move for Defoe could spark a bidding war with United but that depends on their determination to land Louis Saha.

Fulham say they will do a deal but the French hitman cannot move until the summer.

West Ham are not under major pressure to sell Defoe but will be tempted by an improved £8m bid.

Defoe has hit 15 goals this season — despite being sent off three times. He is now on the verge of another ban.

He has always stated his determination to join a top club, even though he withdrew a transfer request slapped in the day after West Ham were relegated.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004021381,00.html

I hope its true ... £5m for Defoe is a good value for money in my opinion!!!

Andrew

Just another piece of BS. I reckon they just make up these rumours of the top of their head.

Jinn

Established Member
I love articles with no quotes!

Arsène would never let anyone know what his transfer plans are anyway.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
IF we were to get a player from the PL, it would be Angel. AW won't buy British after Jeffers.

BTW When is Kluivert coming? I am getting impatient. Less money than Angel or Defoe.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree with Andrew and Jinn. I don't think Defoe's the answer. We probably keep getting linked with him coz of his immaculate disciplinary record. :lol:

Mark

Established Member
if defoe comes here he'd better improve his discipline, we don't want more red cards.

Gunner4life09

i think the only reason he was getting red cards in Div 1 is b'cause he's fustrated playing in Div 1 when his skills and ability is Premership Quality

Mark

Established Member
yeah good point i don't recall him getting this many red cards last season in the premiership, i may just have forgotten though. apart from that he is very talented and i'd certainly welcome him here.

marhes26

Defoe would develop better at Arsenal.Forget about all this he is only scoring goals in the 1st division.Not every striker is the same.Why should Defoe be like Jeffers?? he might prove to be better?.Just because someone is english dont me they wont be a success.I think people have to be realistic,Eto'o will proably be out of Arsenal's transfer budget so someone like Defoe would probably be a more realistic target.Saying that,i wont believe any paper talk until it's a done deal.

Valleyman

I've always quenstioned signings until I see them play in their new clubs shirt... There's been so many cases of not being granted a work permit, failing a medical, unable to agree on a fee or personal terms... I'm like marhes: I don't believe paper talk until I see them (in this case Defoe) in an Arsenal shirt.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i would rather see Defoe than Angel... angel has had one good run in 3 years.. not exactly a stellar record... besides, Angel is quite well known for his "diving" and we dont need to be accused even MORE of that....

zerofeel

i think he would be the perfect foil for Henry..and hes british ..Wenger can help improve his attitude and this boy wouldnt go against Wenger cos all the players Wenger bought respects the hell outta him,,, n 3 red cards alone this season...perfect if he joins Arsenal... :mrgreen: n yeah...i agree as well on the defoe move more than the speculation of Angel joining us...hope Defoe comes to Arsenal..

Gunner4life09

i don't think his attitude is a problem, cause i don't remember him getting red cards last season when he was still in the PL. he's probably really piss 2 me playing in Div1 when he is PL quality

A

Anonymous

Jermaine Defoe to Arsenal???

Jermaine Defoe has been linked with a shock move to Arsenal. This has not come as a surprise to many as Defoe is viewed as the next Henry and is a class above such players as Dennis Bergkamp who is rumoured to be looking for a nice retirement home to move in to at the end of the season and Reyes who is just simply a joke. Defoe has of course said that he wouldn't want to be caught dead at a club like Arsenal who are plumeting faster then Jens Lehmans confidence in the Arsenal goal. You never know, Arsenal might go for Paul Robinson next???

invisibleman18

Established Member
we must be on a rapid rise then, if we are following the trend of lehmann's confidence.

anyway, see ya, your ban is surely only all of 5 minutes away.

Army of Me

Established Member
well, we can but hope that next season we buy someone as close to the quality of the likes of davids, young-pyo, stalteri or huddlestone.

Top Bottom