Jermain Defoe

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GOONERITTI, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Ricky_AFC

Ricky_AFC New Member

If we were going to switch back to playing with 2 strikers I think he'd score a load of goals playing up front with Robin.

2. Bossa

Bossa New Member

We are linked with so many underwelming players lately.

Defoe, Gervinho, Larsson, Downiing, Odemwingie....

Where are the Aguero and Hulk links :roll:

3. Shue

Shue New Member Elite

We've also been linked with Benzema, Higuain, Eto'o, Falcao, Hazard...

4. IBL

IBL New Member Elite

we've had a much needed laugh, locking

5. GunneDown

GunneDown New Member

Thought this was a joke.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-Tottenham-transfer-news-Jermain-Defoe-lined-up-sensational-move-to-north-London-arch-rivals-article747943.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ar ... 47943.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

who in their right mind will write that

7. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

I had already posted a similair topic a week ago, but I dont think we can take this seriously to be honest

8. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Not funny that.

9. dpt49

dpt49 New Member

This story keeps cropping up, it just typifies lazy journalism in our media.
    He can't even get in the spuds team, and they have less depth in quality in their strikers than we do.
    So unless Wenger has gone completely mad this will never happen

10. OohtobeaGoonerGal

OohtobeaGoonerGal Member Trusted

Just die.

The rumour, that is.

11. Even if Sp**s dump Defoe now, how many seasons, do you guys feel, would it take to buy him back again?

Three transfer windows - that is Jan 2013 - is my call.

12. yuvken

yuvken New Member Elite

:thumbdown disgusting.

13. Humble Rex

Humble Rex New Member

... "he was a fringe player at White Hart Lane last season but would have much to offer at the Emirates."

Someone needs to take it easy on the crack.

14. NIPOLOPO

NIPOLOPO New Member

Sign him up Arsène. He would fit right in among his future distinguished colleagues Gervinho, Samba, and Cahill.

15. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

I wish there was a vomit emoticon.

16. GunneDown

GunneDown New Member

i was not sure if i should have posted this, but it was on the back page of the mirror.... lol

They are normally full of sh1t... so lets hope that continues..

17. Who exactly do you think are the best defenders in the Premier League outside the top four teams, NIPOLOPO?

18. NIPOLOPO

NIPOLOPO New Member

That's the whole point. We're competing for the top four and we should be seeking exceptional players rather than settle for decent. If we want to move forward rather than settle for status quo we should seek players out of the realm of average.

19. Shue

Shue New Member Elite

Like who?

Instead of your perpetual naysaying, speak up with some names.

20. I asked you a question. You did not seem to answer it.

Very few teams get players off big teams unless those players are unwanted. Most big sides look at the best players outside the elite clubs for transfers.

Who are Man United's incoming players? De Gea from Atletico, Jones from Blackburn and Young from Villa - the best players/best potential players OUTSIDE of the top sides in the world.

So, if we are looking to sign the best players outside the top four from our league why are you so underwhelmed? Of course, there is a possibility that you might consider other players to be better than them from non-top four clubs in the league. If that is the case, you can name who you want.

The way I see it, our defense was our biggest worry and our central defense was amateurish at times. We are looking at the best defenders in the league outside of the top four (to buy top players from whom is not feasible) There is absolutely nothing to scoff at. Unless you believe that players who have a higher profile just because they play for a bigger club are the only players worth having in the world.