• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermaine Pennant (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triffid

It's almost reassuring.

If the papers all just agreed that it was Viera (or Campbell, or Edu, or Arsène...) leaving you might begin to think it was true.

But now it's Pennant leaving. Which makes sense as it's been more than a week since he stated he wanted to stay and prove himself so the memory banks at the tabloids have been stripped clean.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,40-1144507,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 07,00.html</a>

patrick42uk

Established Member
very much doubt that will happen. plus if pennant is the sort of person i think he is, he wont settle in spain.

Triffid

Perhaps we're actually MOVING Arsenal to Spain?

Ashburton Grove is secretly in Majorca?

It would explain why all our players think they're going there AND why we've brought in a few Spanish players to act as translators.

baccy_man

Established Member
if all these storys were to be belived then we will be selling of our whole team . what a load of old tosh

asajoseph

Established Member
Wait up guys, take it easy!

If you read this story, all it says is that Madrid (Atletico) are looking for a new winger and might make a bid for him, although if you read it all to the end, it seems doubtful, even in this article, that he will leave.

We can't control who bids for our players, all we can do is turn them down.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Atletico Madrid can f*ck off! I want Arsène to give Pennant a fair chance. I believe Pennant has the ability to be world-class. He's like a new signing.

patrick42uk

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I believe Pennant has the ability to be world-class.

he will have to be to displace ljungberg. ljungberg is a good player, and it wont be enough for pennant to be just good.

Jinn

Established Member
He'll have to prove himself the equal of those winger-strikers (as Lewdikris put it) such as Reyes, Van Persie, Pires and Henry.

Eastrek

I don't think Jermaine will leave, he may be a youngster who has made a few errors but he strikes me as a proud young man, and he wont want to leave arsenal now because he hasnt achieved anything yet and he will look back saying i didnt have what he takes to cut it at the arsenal. He will wana give is another go to stake a claim for a place in the greatest team in the world

KingReyes

Established Member
It reports that Athletivo made a bid and we rejected it. If true this can only mean that AW believes in JP and his potential and is willing to give him a shot and if it doesn't work lose him on a free.

towelie

pennant is going to be good for us

if ljungbergs injury isn't sorted out he will get a good number of games and im betting he will impress a lot of us

arsenal4life

I believe Pennnant has changed to a better person and player

his desire his determination and his game

and i really have great hopes on him

just drive when you're not drunk and don't get into sexual assault cases like Leeds thugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom