• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jerome Boateng

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Get him for 6 months loan or a years loan then spend big on Upamecano or someone, not necassarily him but someone like him.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Was an elite level CB years ago. But those days are long gone. Not an upgrade on Luiz/Sokratis at this point. Which is what we should be looking for.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Whenever I’ve watched Bayern recently and Jerome Boateng has been playing, he’s been awful. This seems like such an Arsenal type of move, we’re trying to sign a washed up player who’s finished at the top level.

Any two of David Luiz, Sokratis, Mustafi and Boateng are going to be a circus at the back.

I’d rather we promote a youth player than sign a washed up Jerome Boateng on massive wages.

Gunner-Union

too often we have settled for inferior cheap and quicl options and its never helped us quite the opposite actually. we need a good cb to partner saliba and a powerful midfielder and id love a pacy left winger

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

its not just him though many of us have nightmares about the amount of washed up players we have panicked into getting
Liepzeig have already apparently rejected a offer from us, Boateng for 6/12 months or so then try for Upamecano or someone else in the summer. I didn't mean a major long term signing at all.

Malky

Established Member
Wouldn't take him here, even on a short loan deal, I'd have as much faith in him as I would with playing Mustafi, and that's saying something. Plus he's injury prone, the Premier League would kill the guy!
No thanks! At his peak Boateng was top quality, but those days are long gone.

Gunner-Union

Liepzeig have already apparently rejected a offer from us, Boateng for 6/12 months or so then try for Upamecano or someone else in the summer. I didn't mean a major long term signing at all.

i hear you but i think he has declined so much and its a different league that even a loan on big wages just isnt worth it imo.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

i hear you but i think he has declined so much and its a different league that even a loan on big wages just isnt worth it imo.
Fair enough but tbh we are pretty short on cb's especially with Chambers out now, if Liepzeig have already apparently rejected our offer, he may be the only choice we have. Rugani is the only other one linked but I can't see us getting him especially not now in January.

TimT

Please do NOT bring him to Arsenal...Please, please.....Please don't do it!

Boateng is a nice guy but he has been far from been good let alone great. He is slow and has lack of reading the game and anticipating. I rather have no one new than bringing him over.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Included in the Bayern Squad that's going to Doha.

Hopefully it means he's staying put.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Please do NOT bring him to Arsenal...Please, please.....Please don't do it!

Boateng is a nice guy but he has been far from been good let alone great. He is slow and has lack of reading the game and anticipating. I rather have no one new than bringing him over.
So you'd rather Mustafi or Mavropanos? Come on, Please!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
They are linking Boateng with Arsenal every Transfer Window.

We already have 2 experienced CBs. And he isn't really Good anymore.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Nobody wants to pay a transfer fee and invest at least 2/3 years into a contract for a player in decline.
2-3 years, when did I ever say 3 years? I never said that at all. I said 6-12 months maximum to cover for cb's injuries then find someone younger & better. in the summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
2-3 years, when did I ever say 3 years? I never said that at all. I said 6-12 months maximum to cover for cb's injuries then find someone younger & better. in the summer.
Did I say you wanted to give him such a deal?

Im guessing that is what he’ll demand. A 31 year old Boateng is not coming here on a 6-12 month deal.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Did I say you wanted to give him such a deal?

Im guessing that is what he’ll demand. A 31 year old Boateng is not coming here on a 6-12 month deal.
My mistake sorry, I thought you were saying it as if I wanted him on a 3yr or so deal. Anyway, he's 31, if we take him there will be up's & downs, I'll support him to come in as cover, if he does want or expect over 2 years I'll probably say no.

Latest posts

Top Bottom