Jerome Boateng

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by APierre, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Not writing him off but, to be honest, I've never really known what Holding excels at.

tcahill likes this.
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

No, 2021, transfermarket.

3. StefanB

StefanB Well-Known Member

Think he signed for 3-4 years in 2018, so it's definitely not up this summer.

4. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Would certainly be bizarre if it was a two year deal.

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Is he injured right now?

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Just returned from injury. Ready for selection.

Trilly likes this.
  7. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

He was a beast against ManU... even leading, cheering the crowd. Luiz at his best. I have seen changes at defense being more proactive anticipating the play breaking balls before it reaches the strikers. Even Socratis did well

tap-in and Riou like this.
  8. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

This would be ideal signing. Cheap veteran to help bridge the defense moving forward. Not needed for many starts.

"Cheap" is an operative word.

9. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

He was my MotM because of the leadership he showed, I'd be more than happy with him as Captain if he plays like that. I liked his interview after too, he made it clear that he was on board with how Arteta wanted to play.

yorch44 and Vantastico like this.
  10. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

Always rated him. He is obviously past his prime, but would do a job when we need it. Could also be useful in helping with younger defenders based on his experience.

11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

We said this about Sok and Luiz too though.

Steps likes this.
  12. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

And why are you so fast writing off Luiz?

13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

I’m not? Looked poor for Chelsea recently and been horrendous for us until Arteta.

He’s talking like a leader now, backing Arteta, saying how much he loves and enjoys working under him, none of this under Emery.

14. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

So what was the point of your comment above. Or did you mean that we don't need Boa cuz we have two aging defenders? In that case i read you wrong and apologize

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Yeah, we signed Kos because of his experience and potential influence, same for Luiz, and now we’re making the same argument for Boateng.

16. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

So maybe Arteta would get the best out of Boateng, who stands far above either Luiz or Sokratis among the top center backs of the past decade.

17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Or we just wait till the summer and sign someone in their prime.

18. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Why would taking Boateng on loan (which is what Arsenal is reportedly pushing for) or even taking him permanently for a nominal fee prevent the club from signing someone in the summer?

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Last I heard, a 12M fee was mentioned. You would think Boateng on a multiple year contract alongside Luiz, Sokratis, Holding, Saliba etc prevents new CB.

I’m not even factoring in Mustafi and Chambers.

20. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Sign them all. God will recognize his own.