• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jerome Rothen to leave monaco next summer

patrick42uk

Established Member
A.Hussain said:
if im correct rothen is left sided while pennant is right sided. i would pick pennant over this new kid simply because pennant is younger than him, experienced in the CL (a bit with us last season), exp. in the premiership now and has played with us so will have no problems gelling into the first XI. but he has to toughen up.

pennant isnt as good as many would like him to be

Adam

Established Member
Rothen got alot of assists in the French ligue last season - in fact, the highest amount. When i saw him for France and Monaco - i thought he was over-rated.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Adam said:
Rothen got alot of assists in the French ligue last season - in fact, the highest amount. When i saw him for France and Monaco - i thought he was over-rated.

where did youu see him? at the confederations cup? many of france's best fringe players seriously underperformed in that tournament, players such as pedretti and giuly as well as rothen, players who had big reputations in the french league. i think it had a lot to do with tiredness after the hectic league schedule as well as not having had enough practice at international level to produce their best. you shouldnt make up your mind on him based on those performances.

Adam

Established Member
I saw him on Eurosport for France in International friendlies and the confederations cup. Saw him for Monaco at least twice - and he was a good passer, but that's about it. Good long ball's over the top. Not a on the deck assist player like Pires and Bergkamp. Maybe he is, but not from what i saw.

Giuly is very similar to Overmars but not quite at his level. Pedretti played CM for France but his defensive work left alot to be desired. I thought however and on a brighter note that Sydney Govou was impressive.

AFCG7

Established Member
wasnt impressed at all with Pedretti.
Guily i think is a good player and i havent seen much of Rothen to say one way or the other how good/not so good he is

A.Hussain

patrick42uk said:
A.Hussain said:
if im correct rothen is left sided while pennant is right sided. i would pick pennant over this new kid simply because pennant is younger than him, experienced in the CL (a bit with us last season), exp. in the premiership now and has played with us so will have no problems gelling into the first XI. but he has to toughen up.

pennant isnt as good as many would like him to be

will u guys even give him a chance with the team?? huh?he is fairly good and a run with the team will do him a lot of good and prove to the rest of us how good he is

Top Bottom