• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesús Navas

thedon5

Re: Jesus Navas

Isn't every bloody Spanish club except Real and Barca in financial troubles now?

Podolski-Giroud-Navas is an awesome front line.

I'd probably prefer him to Adrian too tbh. Class above.

evoh_1

Established Member

Navas has the skills to be a star for us but he hates leaving sevilla, can you imagine him going up sunderland for an away game on a raining cold jan sundaty for a late kick off?

Could love him here if we can get through the issues he has with homescikness otherwise we have reyes mk 2 x 10.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

evoh_1 said:
Navas has the skills to be a star for us but he hates leaving sevilla, can you imagine him going up sunderland for an away game on a raining cold jan sundaty for a late kick off?

Could love him here if we can get through the issues he has with homescikness otherwise we have reyes mk 2 x 10.

He's supposedly got over that with age, but a homely introvert is the type of player Wenger takes under his wing and you'd think would appreciate that nurture and develop loyalty

I'd take him in a heart beat, borderline world class, perfect ticataca link up with Santi, Arteta, Rosicky and Wilshere. Really is the level or technique and creativity we're missing on the wing, we wouldn't need to put a midfielder or forward on the wing

Flow

This one over Adrian, someone with a cross as his could prove to be very very helpful for Giroud and even Podolski's fantastic volleys.

We NEED a crosser as soon as possible. Why have a big guy up front when nobody can deliver it to his head?

evoh_1

Established Member

Has he really got over that now?

I expect he can make tournaments but living in england? This guy can't be bought for a large sum as if it doesn't work out he'll just got back to seville for nothing.

DontPushMe

Completely disagree that Adrian is better. Isco yes, but Adrian no.

Navas would be awesome here, i love his game, unfortunately it is a massive risk. We'd likely have to pay at least £15M for him and if he freaks out we'd have to sell him back for next to nothing.

Depends on how over his homesickness he is.

Isco would be awesome here, but i have a hard time imagining Malaga selling us their best player for the 2nd time in 6 months.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Navas is a good player but I wonder if he's what we need. If the stats here (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/37449/jesus-navas-gonzález?cc=5901)are accurate, he's never scored more than 11 goals total(incl. CL, National team, etc) in any season. In fact, apart from the 11 goals, he usually averages 5 goals or less. I wouldn't want to potentially replace Theo with a player who would score fewer goals and more or less the same number of assists. To put it in perspective, we need a forward who is comfortable on the wings as well, rather than a winger who is less comfortable near goal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

DontPushMe said:
Completely disagree that Adrian is better. Isco yes, but Adrian no.

Navas would be awesome here, i love his game, unfortunately it is a massive risk. We'd likely have to pay at least £15M for him and if he freaks out we'd have to sell him back for next to nothing.

Depends on how over his homesickness he is.

Isco would be awesome here, but i have a hard time imagining Malaga selling us their best player for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Adrian has more to his game and is much more versatile as well. He suits us better. We are never the sort of team who Navas will thrive in. We simply don't cross cross cross.

Put it this way, if you think Valencia will excel in our side, then Navas could. Otherwise no.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Navas has far more in his locker than Valencia, think he could do well here whereas Valencia would struggle. We need an Adrián WF type more than a classic winger type though, but what would put us on the next level would be a player like Isco on the wing, resp. Santi on the wing with Isco centrally.

Anyway, all three of them would start for us, so I'll take whoever we can get.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yep agree with that. We really don't need someone of Navas type here.

Missed the days where we had 3 AMs playing together controlling everything letting fullbacks romp forward.

evoh_1

Established Member

Clrnc said:
Yep agree with that. We really don't need someone of Navas type here.

Missed the days where we had 3 AMs playing together controlling everything letting fullbacks romp forward.

Really?

Those were some frustrating days and had elements where we just looked like plugging square pegs into round holes. Balance is important and a player like navas could do well here IF you take out the homesickness out of it which you can't so I don't know where we will stand then.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Take a look at 07/08. It was brilliant with Rosicky Cesc and Hleb. Remains of the best team Wenger ever assembled

iced22

We played a completely different system back then though, with 2 actual CFs to take advantage of the creativity behind them. I don't think it was really sustainable honestly, as we depended too much on Flamini (or whoever was playing as the defensive CM) to shield the defense, thanks to Cesc's incompetence defensively.

I think we could probably pull it off now though, with the more disciplined and positionally aware Arteta in place of Fabregas. It might even suit our current squad better, as we're stacked with dribbling-centric playmakers like Cazorla, Wilshere, Rosicky, etc but are horrifically short on the wide forwards needed for 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

If the two wide midfielders are Cazorla and Chamberlain then we could get away with playing a 4-4-2 without losing too much directness.

----------------Arteta/Coquellin--------Diaby/Wilshere--------------------------Cazorla-------------------------------------------------------Oxlade----
-----------------------------------------Podolski/Gerv--------------------
------------------------Theo/Giroud---------------------------------------

That could actually work wonders. A midfield 4 of Cazorla, Arteta, Wilshere and Ox would have no problems keeping the ball. Ox and Cazorla are direct enough from the wide positions and not afraid to take a shot or put the ball in the box and all of our forward players are better in a pairing. Navas (or similar type) on the right and Santos on the left would allow us to be super direct in a 4-4-2.

We all know it will not happen though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If only Wenger is adventurous enough to follow what Fergie did yesterday by playing a diamond formation. I still think that formation suit us best.

Podolski Giroud
----Cazorla
Wilshere-Diaby
-----Arteta

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Clrnc said:
If only Wenger is adventurous enough to follow what Fergie did yesterday by playing a diamond formation. I still think that formation suit us best.

Podolski Giroud
----Cazorla
Wilshere-Diaby
-----Arteta

Would only work with a more attacking right back than Jenkinson or Sagna in the team.

Top Bottom