• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesús Navas

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Re: Jesus Navas

Wouldn't exactly call Fergie's formation adventurous, more like historical. In the end, they were lucky to come back after trailing against ****ing Braga 0-2 at home, I'm sure Wenger isn't silly enough to try the same, especially since the diamond formation doesn't really suit our playing style.

Anzac

Established Member

jones said:
Wouldn't exactly call Fergie's formation adventurous, more like historical. In the end, they were lucky to come back after trailing against ******* Braga 0-2 at home, I'm sure Wenger isn't silly enough to try the same, especially since the diamond formation doesn't really suit our playing style.

Why not?
IMO we are amongst THE most centric teams in the attacking 3rd,
and we overly rely upon the FBs to provide any width.
I'd love to see us go with more genuine roles in a 2 striker shape.

Anzac

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
Clrnc said:
If only Wenger is adventurous enough to follow what Fergie did yesterday by playing a diamond formation. I still think that formation suit us best.

Podolski Giroud
----Cazorla
Wilshere-Diaby
-----Arteta

Would only work with a more attacking right back than Jenkinson or Sagna in the team.

Depends on how far forward you wanted the FBs - me I'd prefer for them to support rather than get directly involved in the attack in the final 3rd.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Anzac said:
truth_hurts said:
Clrnc said:
If only Wenger is adventurous enough to follow what Fergie did yesterday by playing a diamond formation. I still think that formation suit us best.

Podolski Giroud
----Cazorla
Wilshere-Diaby
-----Arteta

Would only work with a more attacking right back than Jenkinson or Sagna in the team.

Depends on how far forward you wanted the FBs - me I'd prefer for them to support rather than get directly involved in the attack in the final 3rd.

Then by design the diamond becomes easy to play against as there is no attacking out ball. The forwards would have to get forward a lot and our DM drop back a lot

Anzac

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
Anzac said:

Then by design the diamond becomes easy to play against as there is no attacking out ball. The forwards would have to get forward a lot and our DM drop back a lot

How so?
Barca's FBs support the ball carrier CMs going forward level with the ball in a 343 shape with Busquets & Messi joining the middle 4 depending on what area of the pitch the ball/middle4 is in.
I'd rather have the FBs provide width to the 2 CMs to take the ball forward into the final 3rd,
and then have them sit with the DLP to provide cover in a 5-5 / 5-3-2 split between attack - cover - defence = inverting the pyramid.

Top Bottom