• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesper Lindstrøm

Goonger

Best player to play for Rangers in my opinion. In my time anyway.

Agreed. Gazza gets the headlines but Laudrup was just sheer class.

Brian was always my favorite. Watched a fair bit of Rangers football when he was there. That was a lovely team.

Won’t ever forget Negri either, but that’s another story. That guy was a machine for about a season or something 😅

Marco Negri, scores about 30 goals in half a season, got a mysterious eye injury supposedly playing squash and could barely kick his own arse after it.

The biggest 'what if' for me was still Michael Mols. I don't think I've ever seen a player like him that can feint and twist away from a defender.
He too was on fire at the start, Rangers were going toe to toe with the likes of Bayern Munich in the Champions League. Mols got a ligament injury hurdling an Oliver Kahn rushing out his goal way over on the touchline, roughly the same time as Larsson suffered a horrific leg break. That got all the headlines with how graphic it was, but was much more simple an injury to heal from, and Larsson came back and picked up where he left off. Mols never came back the same player. I genuinely think he could have been as good for Rangers as Larsson was for Celtic, and I thought Larsson was brilliant.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seem we more serious for Lindstrom than any other winger in market. His price and quality would make sense to buy him to compete with Saka.

Not sure why Frankfurt asking 30M they can easily go 50M

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Seem we more serious for Lindstrom than any other winger in market. His price and quality would make sense to buy him to compete with Saka.

No one is gonna spend 50 million on him. He is a good player. That’s it…. He is Olise level player

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Frankfurt rarely ask for big fees, not sure why there are so many leaks to reporters too. Also a like for like replacement in Marmoush is rumoured to have signed on a free - almost a carbon copy in playing style age etc

Lindström has been injured for some six weeks and since yesterday rumoured to miss another two months, might be linked to the injury being more severe than anticipated for some reason.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He is a good player but I don’t see any 1v1 qualities that our team needs. It’s a pass from me.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He's an interesting profile. Initially I did dimiss him due to wanting Diaby and because his dribbling stats weren't great in comparison. But he looks very comfortable beating a defender or 2 in tight spaces and scoring against deeper defenses, which is quite suitable to a possession side versus a pacey player who's scoring most of his goals on the break. This season he's matching Diaby and Sane for goals per minute. His assists aren't great but his expected assists is higher. He's only just turned 23 and is 7 months younger than Diaby. He can also play both wings and as an attacking midfielder.

He's probably more likely to be Saka's back up than Diaby would be. It also doesn't necessarily kill off Nelson's chances if we re-sign him. Not that Diaby doesn't look the bigger talent right now, but you'd pay a premium for that and he'd likely want the guarantee of starting most games. Lindstrom also looks quite similar in style to Trossard, which is no bad thing. If he's really available for £30m he'd be a sensible aquisition, if he's nearer Diaby money you probably try and convince him instead

TornadoTed

Established Member
We are probably looking at 7 attackers for 3 spots based on 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 7 midfielders and 7 attackers in the 25 man squad.

Saka, Martinelli, Jesus and Trossard are nailed on.

That leaves Nketiah, Balogun, Nelson, ESR and maybe a new attacker for 3 spots, something has to give this summer and we will need to be ruthless.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Isn’t he right footed? Really think we need a left footer to compete with Saka, preferably one that’s more direct in the Martinelli mould.

Our problem is similar to the one Sp**s have had with Kane. Any player that comes in Saka’s position automatically knows they’ll barely get a game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom