• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesper Lindstrøm

Sparrahork

Isn’t he right footed? Really think we need a left footer to compete with Saka, preferably one that’s more direct in the Martinelli mould.

Our problem is similar to the one Sp**s have had with Kane. Any player that comes in Saka’s position automatically knows they’ll barely get a game.
Exactly, for this reason I doubt an ambitious right winger will be keen to join.

I still feel our Saka cover will come from within and we shouldn't even consider an out and out right winger.

The most obvious back ups are Nelli, trossard and jesus, no one in particular but they keep it fluid moving to that right wing as required when Saka not available. They can all play right wing and be a threat, more so if they are mixing it up.

If after a more clearcut replacement then Reiss wants to stay, I am very much in the camp of offering him a new contract and select him for all domestic cups as a minimum.

I also think we should entertain having Pepe back if not Reiss. He needs to move for his own good but if we cannot shift him then retain him if the financials appear better to do so. Likewise for marquinhos.

Esr and Vieira may also be options.

We have very promising youngsters coming through too, in that very position. I think Hutchison partly left as we signed marquinhos, we need to keep a route open into the first team whilst we re-establish ourselves as a force and a team youngsters want to play for and push themselves into first team contention.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Exactly, for this reason I doubt an ambitious right winger will be keen to join.

I still feel our Saka cover will come from within and we shouldn't even consider an out and out right winger.

The most obvious back ups are Nelli, trossard and jesus, no one in particular but they keep it fluid moving to that right wing as required when Saka not available. They can all play right wing and be a threat, more so if they are mixing it up.

If after a more clearcut replacement then Reiss wants to stay, I am very much in the camp of offering him a new contract and select him for all domestic cups as a minimum.

I also think we should entertain having Pepe back if not Reiss. He needs to move for his own good but if we cannot shift him then retain him if the financials appear better to do so. Likewise for marquinhos.

Esr and Vieira may also be options.

We have very promising youngsters coming through too, in that very position. I think Hutchison partly left as we signed marquinhos, we need to keep a route open into the first team whilst we re-establish ourselves as a force and a team youngsters want to play for and push themselves into first team contention.

Yep, I agree with you. I think guys like ESR/Vieira and even the likes of Marquinhos and Nelson have next season to prove themselves as Arsenal level players, or else we’ll bring someone else in.

With Pepe I floated the idea of him being Saka’s backup at the start of the season, but there is just too much water under the bridge on that one I feel, and I fundamentally just think Arteta doesn’t rate him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Isn’t he right footed? Really think we need a left footer to compete with Saka, preferably one that’s more direct in the Martinelli mould.

Our problem is similar to the one Sp**s have had with Kane. Any player that comes in Saka’s position automatically knows they’ll barely get a game.

Saka is about to hit injury period as he has played a lot of football last two years. I also think most wingers are better off playing on the side that have their strongest foot

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka is about to hit injury period as he has played a lot of football last two years. I also think most wingers are better off playing on the side that have their strongest foot

Impossible to tell, some players are just bullet proof and never get injured (touch wood for us).

I think the opposite, who’s the last good winger that played on the side of their stronger foot?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If a player is worried about coming and not playing got to question if they are worth having. Saka is good potentially better than good but he won't play every minute of every game. Same goes for most attackers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If a player is worried about coming and not playing got to question if they are worth having. Saka is good potentially better than good but he won't play every minute of every game. Same goes for most attackers.
The worry for anyone coming is valid though. Arteta is not a rotator. Even when the game is won he rarely uses all his subs. Giving players 10/15 means when you can go long way and he doesn’t

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yeah, I know! But that was one game though.

Damn this hits so hard. :lol: Vague memories of myself being drunk in the pub rambling to friends in amazement about how we just signed our next Spanish midfield maestro after he ran the show vs Burnley. I do vividly remember asking a mate who was at the match if he got a Cabellos top at the Armory afterwards when I saw him later. :lol: :lol:

Little did I know Dani used all his charge that day.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Damn this hits so hard. :lol: Vague memories of myself being drunk in the pub rambling to friends in amazement about how we just signed our next Spanish midfield maestro after he ran the show vs Burnley. I do vividly remember asking a mate who was at the match if he got a Cabellos top at the Armory afterwards when I saw him later. :lol: :lol:

Little did I know Dani used all his charge that day.
You and me both mate!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I know you’re a fan and that it’s tongue in cheek, but is he that good? I’ve seen him play a handful of times and looks really good and a very interesting profile
If his form doesn't crash all of a sudden he'll most likely win player of the season in Germany. 11 goals and 13 assists in 24 league games. Got Frankfurt into the cup quarter final by himself, scored the decisive goals in the CL in back to back matches etc, and his value doesn't even truly show in stats

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

The worry for anyone coming is valid though. Arteta is not a rotator. Even when the game is won he rarely uses all his subs. Giving players 10/15 means when you can go long way and he doesn’t
He has rotated recently. Martinelli, Trossard both seeing plenty of game time, Jesus coming back in, both Nelson and ESR have been used. I think you're confusing earlier this season when the options weren't there to rotate with him refusing to rotate.

Also all being well we will have a much longer campaign - League, Champions League, FA cup and league Cup. We've went out early in 3 of those 4 competitions. I don't expect that to happen next season.

Sparrahork

He has rotated recently. Martinelli, Trossard both seeing plenty of game time, Jesus coming back in, both Nelson and ESR have been used. I think you're confusing earlier this season when the options weren't there to rotate with him refusing to rotate.

Also all being well we will have a much longer campaign - League, Champions League, FA cup and league Cup. We've went out early in 3 of those 4 competitions. I don't expect that to happen next season.
The only player I see actively rotated is martinelli, this is because trossard has come in and been amazing. The other 'rotations' are down to injuries, be they ones incurred or coming back from them.

The point remains we rotate way less than the likes of city, we can all probably predict the upcoming starting line up bar partey/jorginho and trossard/jesus, the former being partey if fit and latter probably jesus.

With city it is nigh on impossible to predict their line up week to week, thus when grealish joined he expected game time despite sterling being there, he got it even though a settling in season for him last year.

* Let's ignore Phillips in my above argument! Lol

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

The only player I see actively rotated is martinelli, this is because trossard has come in and been amazing. The other 'rotations' are down to injuries, be they ones incurred or coming back from them.

The point remains we rotate way less than the likes of city, we can all probably predict the upcoming starting line up bar partey/jorginho and trossard/jesus, the former being partey if fit and latter probably jesus.

With city it is nigh on impossible to predict their line up week to week, thus when grealish joined he expected game time despite sterling being there, he got it even though a settling in season for him last year.

* Let's ignore Phillips in my above argument! Lol
Eddie was rotated out. Rodri starts pretty much every game for City. I agree City rotate more frequently but City also have options to choose from.

I genuinely believe we will see much more rotation now we have the options to rotate. There are short memories to how little depth we had in attack for a period of time.

Who will start in attack this weekend for us?

Sparrahork

Eddie was rotated out. Rodri starts pretty much every game for City. I agree City rotate more frequently but City also have options to choose from.

I genuinely believe we will see much more rotation now we have the options to rotate. There are short memories to how little depth we had in attack for a period of time.

Who will start in attack this weekend for us?
Martinelli, jesus and Saka - trossard to miss out given he has had international football but two Brazilians have had a rest

Top Bottom