• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joachim Andersen

LG10

It’s be nice to have a cb that’s good on the ball but from the matches I’ve seen the guy can’t defend

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Praet played alongside Torreira and the pair formed a very balanced midfield.

For a midtable Serie A team. I love Italian football & follow Roma but very rarely do I wish we sign a midfielder from Italy as style so different let alone the midfield. Its not like at Chelsea where they surrounded Jorginho with quality, pace & power.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
For a midtable Serie A team. I love Italian football & follow Roma but very rarely do I wish we sign a midfielder from Italy as style so different let alone the midfield. Its not like at Chelsea where they surrounded Jorginho with quality, pace & power.
I get what you mean about Italian players but Praet is a Belgium player with some grit, I think he'd be okay in England in that regard. Like most his compatriots.

I just dont know if hes the quality we need. More of an Everton/Wolves/West Ham signing tbh. We need someone with more technical ability to carry the ball up the field.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Lots of players move from midtable teams to bigger teams and find success. I'm not expecting him to be Patrick Vieira, but he does have qualities that Arsenal can use in the midfield (some -- such as mobility, the ability to dribble and to push the ball forward and intelligence -- that I see posters clamoring for all the time). He need not be a galactico. All he needs to be is a player who can blend into the team and help the collective raise its level.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Mahith Gamage spent some time analyzing several Sampdoria games and gives his opinion on what Andersen and Praet would bring to the team. Here's part of what he says about Andersen:

Joachim Andersen truly belongs to a modern breed of centre-back that Arsenal quite clearly lacks in their squad.

While the likes of Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, and Koscielny are all simply adequate on the ball, Andersen is a centre-back who thrives on the ball when playing out from the back. It is essentially the most impressive aspect of his game at just 23 years old. His ability to pull off a wide range of passes is a massive positive, as it often allows his team to skip an entire phase of buildup.

Andersen has those lovely long, diagonal passes in his locker, as well as brushed passes into midfield with either foot, allowing his more creative teammates to turn on the ball and drive forwards in an instant.

(He discusses other strengths and weaknesses, including Andersen being a bit mistake prone.)

Top Bottom