• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joachim Andersen

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tbh I'd keep both Chambers and Holding. Both seem integral parts of the squad in terms of having been team members for a very long time, both never caused any turmoil and the biggest criticism you can aim at them is probably being unlucky with injuries and "only" being solid. Holding imo is an absolutely decent backup for a young guy like Saliba, Chambers has honestly impressed me with his latest outing at RB and he can also fill in at CB.

Saliba, Gabriel, Mari, Holding + Chambers is a decent enough CB roster for a domestic only season.

If we didn't have Cedric, Chambers could be a good back-up RB option tbh, offering a different style. But we gave a very stupid contract to Cedric, I think Chambers has to leave simply because there isn't a clear space or role for him here, and we could get maybe 10m from selling him to spend on other players.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If we didn't have Cedric, Chambers could be a good back-up RB option tbh, offering a different style. But we gave a very stupid contract to Cedric, I think Chambers has to leave simply because there isn't a clear space or role for him here, and we could get maybe 10m from selling him to spend on other players.

They ****ed up with Cedric, but personally I'd rather keep the better player (Chambers) at the club instead of bowing to Kia. Let Cedric rot on the bench. You can only clean out so much deadwood in one window, if some of the rumoured wages are off the bill, I can live with one useless bum left in Cedric.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
They ****ed up with Cedric, but personally I'd rather keep the better player (Chambers) at the club instead of bowing to Kia. Let Cedric rot on the bench. You can only clean out so much deadwood in one window, if some of the rumoured wages are off the bill, I can live with one useless bum left in Cedric.

In theory yes, but in practice no. This club is so inefficient financially, we're just as bad as Madrid and Barca etc, only a slightly smaller scale. So so wasteful with our resources, it has to stop. We gave Cedric a contract, it was a mistake but it's done now, he has to be the back-up RB. Chambers has 1 year on his deal, sell him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In theory yes, but in practice no. This club is so inefficient financially, we're just as bad as Madrid and Barca etc, only a slightly smaller scale. So so wasteful with our resources, it has to stop. We gave Cedric a contract, it was a mistake but it's done now, he has to be the back-up RB. Chambers has 1 year on his deal, sell him.
If Chambers has 1 year then it actually makes more sense to extend him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If Chambers has 1 year then it actually makes more sense to extend him.

If the club can find someone to buy Cedric then crack on, do that, but I highly doubt any club is coming in with an offer for Cedric, whereas I can imagine clubs making an offer for Chambers. It's not about who you want and don't want, to get rid of a player another club has to want them. The reality is we're stuck with Cedric, the mistake's already made. Get a fee for Chambers and move on.

We always complain about the club being dumb and needing to be smarter, well right now selling Chambers is the smart thing to do.

Breezy ®

Tbh I'd keep both Chambers and Holding. Both seem integral parts of the squad in terms of having been team members for a very long time, both never caused any turmoil and the biggest criticism you can aim at them is probably being unlucky with injuries and "only" being solid. Holding imo is an absolutely decent backup for a young guy like Saliba, Chambers has honestly impressed me with his latest outing at RB and he can also fill in at CB.

Saliba, Gabriel, Mari, Holding + Chambers is a decent enough CB roster for a domestic only season.

Holding is too slow, lacks athleticism and isn’t good enough on the ball to play out from the back. He also lacks any real leadership qualities.

We should sell him now while we can fetch a decent enough fee.

Chambers is slightly better technically and more versatile. If Luiz goes I would bring Saliba back and see how he gets on pre-season. Then I would try to bring in someone little more experienced and some pace. Someone like Denayer or Kehrer. Neither would break the bank.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Next headline - Sp**s beat Arsenal to secure Andersen signing.

Please Levy do us the favour and sign him up.

Tom349

Would be a good replacement for Luiz and partner for Gabriel. Good on the ball and is less aggressive in the Per role if you want to call it opposed to Gabriel playing on the front foot in the Koscienly role. Long term Saliba will be the perfect partner but all Mikel Arteta agendas put aside it remains a genuine concern whether he is ready or not. He has been super comfortable on the ball at Nice but his defending has been a concern, although Im not sure how much of that is system based versus the player being the issue.

Top Bottom