• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We’ve had such a good 1/2 season that some think guys like Felix (and pretty much everyone out there bar the biggest names) aren’t an improvement on Saka & Nelli.

That kind of thinking leaves you so vulnerable to the dips in form that pretty much every young player not called Mbappe will experience.

Anyway if you want to continue along the thought process that Saka&Nelli are those guys then we still need better cover for them than we currently have!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Performances might be close but in terms of talent + ‘aura’ it’s not close. Felix is a proper wonder kid, there’s a reason he went for that figure all those years ago and I’d hold off on the ‘better than X or Y’ statements until our guys are tested in the CL. A very good half season doesn’t make a player you bozo.

As you saw yesterday he’s already capable of playing that main man role at the highest level, we haven’t seen any of our guys do that yet.

In terms of that 4th guy for three positions he’s perfect and I think he’d end up as one of the starters sooner rather than later. There’s a clear talent and experience level difference between Felix&Jesus vs Saka & Martinelli.

Talent doesn't mean **** if you're not performing on the pitch tho. Looking at his end product and without looking at more advanced statistics, him and Martinelli have similar numbers. You can't put this guy "a level" above Martinelli based on what we've see thus far.

The reason he went for that figure has as much to do with the club - Benfica, that it does with his talent which I'm not disputing.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We’ve had such a good 1/2 season that some think guys like Felix (and pretty much everyone out there bar the biggest names) aren’t an improvement on Saka & Nelli.

That kind of thinking leaves you so vulnerable to the dips in form that pretty much every young player not called Mbappe will experience.

Anyway if you want to continue along the thought process that Saka&Nelli are those guys then we still need better cover for them than we currently have!

One can tend to overrate players that play for other clubs - Felix hasn't produced the numbers to make claims like "he's on another level than Saka & Martinelli" like, come on.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Performances might be close but in terms of talent + ‘aura’ it’s not close. Felix is a proper wonder kid, there’s a reason he went for that figure all those years ago and I’d hold off on the ‘better than X or Y’ statements until our guys are tested in the CL. A very good half season doesn’t make a player you bozo.

As you saw yesterday he’s already capable of playing that main man role at the highest level, we haven’t seen any of our guys do that yet.

In terms of that 4th guy for three positions he’s perfect and I think he’d end up as one of the starters sooner rather than later. There’s a clear talent and experience level difference between Felix&Jesus vs Saka & Martinelli imo.

I didn't watch yesterday's match, I've never really watched Joao Felix so can't comment much but just trying to understand a little more. Don't ever say 'in terms of talent and aura' since you're much better poster than that. You are selling him to me though, I will scout him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Talent doesn't mean **** if you're not performing on the pitch tho. Looking at his end product and without looking at more advanced statistics, him and Martinelli have similar numbers. You can't put this guy "a level" above Martinelli based on what we've see thus far.

The reason he went for that figure has as much to do with the club - Benfica, that it does with his talent which I'm not disputing.
One can tend to overrate players that play for other clubs - Felix hasn't produced the numbers to make claims like "he's on another level than Saka & Martinelli" like, come on.
I’m not overrating him but the kid is supremely talented, pretty much everyone in football agrees with that.

We’re in agreement that Arteta is getting the best out of Saka/Nelli so it’s not a crazy jump to assume that he could get even more out of Felix who imo is much more talented than either of them.

I’ve acknowledged that Saka and Nelli are performing better than him this season (maybe even last season), we’re one of the best performing teams in the world atm so not much of a surprise there. But could you see Nelli/Saka having the type of performance that Felix did yday?

I put him a level above them in talent & experience nothing else.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I’m not overrating him but the kid is supremely talented, pretty much everyone in football agrees with that.

We’re in agreement that Arteta is getting the best out of Saka/Nelli so it’s not a crazy jump to assume that he could get even more out of Felix who imo is much more talented than either of them.

I’ve acknowledged that Saka and Nelli are performing better than him this season (maybe even last season), we’re one of the best performing teams in the world atm so not much of a surprise there. But could you see Nelli/Saka having the type of performance that Felix did yday?

I put him a level above them in talent & experience nothing else.

Martinelli had a MOTM performance vs Cameroon just the other day lad :lol:, so yes.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I didn't watch yesterday's match, I've never really watched Joao Felix so can't comment much but just trying to understand a little more. Don't ever say 'in terms of talent and aura' since you're much better poster than that. You are selling him to me though, I will scout him.
Go to the first couple pages of this thread then do some YouTube scouting.

I can’t speak on his consistency but if we’re trusting Arteta as the guy to get the most out of his attackers then you’d predict that Felix will be more of a ‘main man’ for us.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Go to the first couple pages of this thread then do some YouTube scouting.

I can’t speak on his consistency but if we’re trusting Arteta as the guy to get the most out of his attackers then you’d predict that Felix will be more of a ‘main man’ for us.

Do you think I have posting 'aura'?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Martinelli had a MOTM performance vs Cameroon just the other day lad :lol:, so yes.
Ah don’t do that, not that example of all examples :lol: I was camped in that match thread getting onto people for overrating a good performance because people always do that with Gabi.

Man of the match against Cameroon in a losing effort as part of a B team, no goals or no assists but was the most dangerous player on the pitch in the first half, sure.

On the other hand Felix was Portugal’s main man in their victory against a very good Switzerland side, completely ran the show and had two assists to show for it.

Tbh I’m not really sure what the relevance of you bringing up Gabi’s ‘MOTM’ is. It doesn’t really disprove anything I said and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t even MOTM as his team lost?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
This would've been doable if AM didn't get taken for a ride with that terrible fee but I don't see us spending 100m+ in January to get this done.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We have to be in for these types of players before they get to clubs like Atleti.

No chance to get him.
We've signed players like Özil and Sanchez from bigger clubs in very similar circumstances when we had greater financial restrictions. If Stan and Josh open the wallet he could very easily be an Arsenal player.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We've signed players like Özil and Sanchez from bigger clubs in very similar circumstances when we had greater financial restrictions. If Stan and Josh open the wallet he could very easily be an Arsenal player.
Their combined fees wouldn't be (nearly half) enough for Felix so I don't see the comparison, really.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Does Felix want out? Both Özil and Sanchez were pretty much deemed surplus to requirements at Madrid and Barca. I don't think this is similar tbh. I can see us spending big in January, just not at those fees.

Their combined fees wouldn't be (nearly half) enough for Felix so I don't see the comparison, really.

Yeah agree.

MA08

The great thing about Felix is his technique. If you watch Athletico's match against Manchester City last year, you could clearly see his ability to kill a fast pass with his touch. That is a difficult thing to do against this City side. It is difficult to get him, but i would love to see us getting him. he will truly elevate the technical level of this team.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Does Felix want out? Both Özil and Sanchez were pretty much deemed surplus to requirements at Madrid and Barca. I don't think this is similar tbh. I can see us spending big in January, just not at those fees.

Yeah agree.
Yes, he and Simeone don't get on. In fact there's even a statement from one of Atleti's directors (edit: it's the CEO) that if there's a deal that works for Felix and the club then it probably should be pursued. I think they're quite open to selling him and he's quite open to leaving.

MA08

The difficulty in getting him is that he will fill a need at Chelsea and Manchester United. His technical level is something City might love to have. If we are getting him, that will happen only at the end of the transfer window, unless he only wants to play with Arteta :)

Sparrahork

I seem to have stumbled across the wrong forum. Zero chance of us signing him this coming window, incredibly unlikely in the future too unless one of our attackers leaves.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The difficulty in getting him is that he will fill a need at Chelsea and Manchester United. His technical level is something City might love to have. If we are getting him, that will happen only at the end of the transfer window, unless he only wants to play with Arteta :)

Given Chelsea and United’s recent track records with developing attackers he should stay well clear, he’s already suffered for years under Simeone.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Both of these team need a proper nr 9. They got plenty of attacking midfielders. He is a player that will be very hard to fit in a top club because he doesn’t have a set position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom