• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Saw someone describing him as a coup like Ødegaard

So that would be a no from me, raid whoever is going to explode next from Benfica or something

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thinking about it Chelsea would be the worst place for him to go. They’ve already got players like Havertz/Mount/Nkunku ect who no one has a clue how to use or their best position.

United also have Sancho and Antony who are skillfull attacking midfielders with no real intensity or PnP.

Actually back Arteta to be the guy that could best find a position for him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm sure mendes talked to us.

But for that price? Eh.... Not because of the quality, he has that in spades, but I just don't know if we'll bite.

Even if you deflate that tag, it's probably easily over 90m.

Can you bring someone of that calibre and price without other mainstay players having way less game time because of rotation?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m not overrating him but the kid is supremely talented, pretty much everyone in football agrees with that.

We’re in agreement that Arteta is getting the best out of Saka/Nelli so it’s not a crazy jump to assume that he could get even more out of Felix who imo is much more talented than either of them.

I’ve acknowledged that Saka and Nelli are performing better than him this season (maybe even last season), we’re one of the best performing teams in the world atm so not much of a surprise there. But could you see Nelli/Saka having the type of performance that Felix did yday?

I put him a level above them in talent & experience nothing else.
See I too rate Felix’s talent, but don’t fall for the trap that is international football. Felix has been terrible for Athletico for about two seasons now. For all his talent it’s hard to say what he is. I kinda see him having the same issue Havertz is having. The talent is undeniable but his profile is redundant. Second strikers aren’t really a thing anymore. In theory he could be moulded to a false 9 or CF like RvP, but that would take time that we don’t have. If he comes this January, do you think he could be our main goalscorer in a more physical league?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Sooo Felix' agent is basically pimping him out to any club with money. When the report says 'Mendes has spoken with', this could literally just mean hes sent an email to all clubs making them aware Felix could be available in January for transfer. Doesn't mean actual discussions have taken place. Of course they may well have, but it's very vague..

The reports from February, I'm not sure if they were believed to be reliable or not.

It does seem like this could be a great opportunity for us, but, hes anything but prolific & it just seems like he would be a bit of an Özil signing. Great to have, but not what we actually needed at the time.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sooo Felix' agent is basically pimping him out to any club with money. When the report says 'Mendes has spoken with', this could literally just mean hes sent an email to all clubs making them aware Felix could be available in January for transfer. Doesn't mean actual discussions have taken place. Of course they may well have, but it's very vague..

The reports from February, I'm not sure if they were believed to be reliable or not.

It does seem like this could be a great opportunity for us, but, hes anything but prolific & it just seems like he would be a bit of an Özil signing. Great to have, but not what we actually needed at the time.
We need a player with high technical quality who scores and provides, which he does. We needed a player like that before Jesus' injury and even more now. This is not the same as buying Özil when we had Cazorla and really needed a 9. Felix is one of the closest players in world football to what we have in Jesus which has us sitting at the top of the league.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We need a player with high technical quality who scores and provides, which he does. We needed a player like that before Jesus' injury and even more now. This is not the same as buying Özil when we had Cazorla and really needed a 9. Felix is one of the closest players in world football to what we have in Jesus which has us sitting at the top of the league.
His goal returns isn't great tho. I guess that might be partly due to the system Simeone deploys & not playing ? I dont know.

Ive never seen him play, but if he is similar to how Jesus plays, then he should defo be discussed.

If the reports from earlier this year are to be believed, it's possible we had him in mind for summer just gone as a 2nd striker purchase, but finishing 5th shut that door & opened one up for Eddie..

I'm just not convinced we will buy a striker, but probably a forward player. They will want to give Eddie his chance, otherwise it will totally undermine him & themselves at the same time if we buy another striker to play instead of Eddie.

That's what I think anyway.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
His goal returns isn't great tho. I guess that might be partly due to the system Simeone deploys & not playing ? I dont know.

Ive never seen him play, but if he is similar to how Jesus plays, then he should defo be discussed.

If the reports from earlier this year are to be believed, it's possible we had him in mind for summer just gone as a 2nd striker purchase, but finishing 5th shut that door & opened one up for Eddie..

I'm just not convinced we will buy a striker, but probably a forward player. They will want to give Eddie his chance, otherwise it will totally undermine him & themselves at the same time if we buy another striker to play instead of Eddie.

That's what I think anyway.
I’ll be honest I haven’t seen him play that much. Coz who on earth would willingly watch At.Madrid…

Would appreciate a scouting report from one of the “ballers” on here…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom