• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
If you gonna buy a player like this you build your whole team around him. He is not good enough to build a serious team around him and hasn’t lived up to the hype he had when Atletico bought him. He is a moment player
You trolling here?
He plays for Atletico, more specifically Diego, park the bus for 90mins, Simeone. No attacking talent could stand out in his system, you could give him Mbappe and he'd still find a way to limit any of his ability. Only player that would work for them is a robot like Haaland, Joao Felix belongs in a team that actually wants to play football, not a team who's only tactics are "defend and ****house".

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You trolling here?
He plays for Atletico, more specifically Diego, park the bus for 90mins, Simeone. No attacking talent could stand out in his system, you could give him Mbappe and he'd still find a way to limit any of his ability. Only player that would work for them is a robot like Haaland, Joao Felix belongs in a team that actually wants to play football, not a team who's only tactics are "defend and ****house".
Park the bus? No attack? Diego’s team outscored Artetas team last 2 full seasons Arteta had. But I guess only way to judge Arteta is last 14 games

Other attackers has shown under him. Joao Felix is not a striker nor a winger. He is a nr 10. He can’t do what Jesus does as lone striker is very physical position.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Hard pass at the prices quoted. Uber-talented, but seldom takes games by the scruff of the neck, and doesn't bring it with any consistency. £40-60m would certainly be worth a bite, because if he puts it together he could be a worldie, but the kind of fee it would take would be better spent on a surer bet or several high talent punts.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
His goal returns isn't great tho. I guess that might be partly due to the system Simeone deploys & not playing ? I dont know.

Ive never seen him play, but if he is similar to how Jesus plays, then he should defo be discussed.

If the reports from earlier this year are to be believed, it's possible we had him in mind for summer just gone as a 2nd striker purchase, but finishing 5th shut that door & opened one up for Eddie..

I'm just not convinced we will buy a striker, but probably a forward player. They will want to give Eddie his chance, otherwise it will totally undermine him & themselves at the same time if we buy another striker to play instead of Eddie.

That's what I think anyway.
The Atleti system is totally unsuitable for him. It was never going to work. Simeone plays awful, draconian football that doesn't cater to his strengths at all. I honestly have no idea why they paid that amount for him knowing who the manager was. Joao has everything needed to be a top drawer player. He's similar to Jesus in that he's not a pure 9, he's a guy with outrageous close control, incredible understanding of space and the pace to exploit it as well as an eye for a pass. He can play anywhere across a front 3, he's a very competent finisher and similar to a Martinelli or Jesus, he's going to be a threat to beat you every time he gets the ball.

Playing in a more fluid system where he's got the freedom to use all of his qualities rather than sitting in a low block at the mercy of a very ordinary midfield that doesn't provide him great service would I think make a world of difference to his goal return. Similarly to Ødegaard(although Joao is more talented) I think the kid just needs a home where the manager and system aren't totally antithetical to his game. I think he'd have that here.

As for the earlier reporting about us buying him in the summer, I don't believe it simply because I think Atleti and he were still trying to make things work and given how much they outlaid for him and their desire to recoup most of it in selling him, I think they also were hoping that maybe teams that were impacted by covid financially would have more time to recover if for no reason other than to drive the price up for one of the big clubs. Now it's just clear though that he and Simeone don't fit and are not going to fit so they need to cash in while he's still got enough time on his deal to keep the price as close to what they paid as possible.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Kinda feels Edu would do the same move he did with Ødegaard when it comes to Felix? Straight loan with no options or obligations to slot in for Jesus and keeps the budget for winger/cm.

From AM's point of view it would be a good move to free their wages and set up Felix on the summer market with better value.

What they don't know is that by the time he's about to return to AM, it's only Arsenal he'd want to come back to.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
They sound desperate. Lets do what Italian clubs do and ask for a loan with an option. Then offer them half of much as the option to buy in the summer
Or pay them 2.5m per quarter for 5 years with bonus add-ons for performance of team and player and the moon

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
100M seems a bit too much imo. Is hailed as a massive talent, and don't know how he plays at Atleti. But for me it seems a massive gamble.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I want a Bergkamp, not so much in terms of how or what position they play, but that genuine worldie where people go 'holy ****, this club is serious'. Is Felix the right player? I don't know. But if he is he's worth it...
Yeah same. The last signing like that was Özil. You could argue Sanchez & Jesus were similar, they were, but imo to a lesser level.

What they all share (apart from Özil who was performing at a high level but just wasnt a Mourinho type player) is that Bergkamp, Sanchez & Felix are all super talented & have just ended up in situations where it just hasn't worked & their stock has fallen a bit. It happens.

It would be an opportunist signing for sure & one I could imagine Wenger would make in this situation if it was possible.

Personally I still think we'll go for an out & out winger, but we'll see!

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

My issue with Felix is how we’d fit him in. He wouldn’t replace Jesus imo, CF isn’t his best position and how we play there is just not his game imo. He’s part Jesus, part Øde imo and would be best as second striker.

At the same time he’s just so talented and if you have the opportunity to sign him you do and try to fit him in. I just want really, really gifted players at the club. The kind you pay top dollar to see them perform. He’s that as far as I’m concerned

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My issue with Felix is how we’d fit him in. He wouldn’t replace Jesus imo, CF isn’t his best position and how we play there is just not his game imo. He’s part Jesus, part Øde imo and would be best as second striker.

At the same time he’s just so talented and if you have the opportunity to sign him you do and try to fit him in. I just want really, really gifted players at the club. The kind you pay top dollar to see them perform. He’s that as far as I’m concerned

His ball carrying ability imo is on another level to anyone in the squad. Great tekkers as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So just sign him and figure something out later like Atletico? Unless you gonna fully utilise him he will just be like he is at Atletico and Arteta is hardly a flexible tactician. I really don’t see how he would use him

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

FjX7kwkXEAAvCLg

Loan + option to buy would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom