• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'd be surprised if Athleti wanted to do us any favors after how Edu dealt with them in regards to Partey.

I can think of 120ish million reasons why they would.

Some of their new buys haven't reached the peaks of their previous punts, so there's that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Would be a good signing but for 100+m I wouldn't entertain it. Hasn't set the world alight in Spain (albeit down to Simeones tactics). I'd prefer Gakpo at 40m than Felix at 100m. However Felix at 60-70m then I'm not sure.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I can think of 120ish million reasons why they would.

Some of their new buys haven't reached the peaks of their previous punts, so there's that.
120 million really isn't a favor now is it :lol:, now a loan with an option to buy like 70 - 80 mill, we could be friends again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

See I too rate Felix’s talent, but don’t fall for the trap that is international football. Felix has been terrible for Athletico for about two seasons now. For all his talent it’s hard to say what he is. I kinda see him having the same issue Havertz is having. The talent is undeniable but his profile is redundant. Second strikers aren’t really a thing anymore. In theory he could be moulded to a false 9 or CF like RvP, but that would take time that we don’t have. If he comes this January, do you think he could be our main goalscorer in a more physical league?
If we ignore the player's mentality then it depends on how good Arteta is, I look at the player's attributes and how he could fit into our style rather than his existing performances. Wenger's whole thing was signing players with great physical/technical attributes who for one reason or another weren't tearing it up. Klopp and Pep kind of do this too, the latter rarely signs superstars.

Havertz is a great comparison but I think Felix has that little bit more pace which could make all the difference. Whole job of a manager is to turn talent into performances and if Pep or Klopp were signing Felix I think we'd all be worried about how he would explode under them so maybe it's time to start thinking the same way about Mikel?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
€100m seems a bit much given his underwhelming performance at Atletico. I rate him, mind you, and I think it would be incredibly exciting to sign him, but isnt Atletico overplaying its hand here?

WiscoGooner8

Would this be similar to Pepe? Overpaying for hype? Granted Felix’s ceiling is sky high, but he hasn’t set the world alight as expected. If we could get him and a CM I don’t really care, but if buying him leaves us thin at CM I’d rather not.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If it's true we can get him for less than 100m then we have to do it

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Would this be similar to Pepe? Overpaying for hype? Granted Felix’s ceiling is sky high, but he hasn’t set the world alight as expected. If we could get him and a CM I don’t really care, but if buying him leaves us thin at CM I’d rather not.
While I do agree we need a CM if we look at our options at CF and CM its basically:

CF- Eddie
CM- Partey, Xhaka, Elneny, Lokonga and maybe Zinchenko can fill in.

We have numbers at the minute at CM although we lack quality.

At CF we have Eddie and no one else.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
While I do agree we need a CM if we look at our options at CF and CM its basically:

CF- Eddie
CM- Partey, Xhaka, Elneny, Lokonga and maybe Zinchenko can fill in.

We have numbers at the minute at CM although we lack quality.

At CF we have Eddie and no one else.

I don't think Felix is a CF or false 9, he isn't strong enough or direct enough, I prefer Martinelli in that role over him. Not that I wouldn't have him as an 11 or 10 or 8 in our system.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't think Felix is a CF or false 9, he isn't strong enough or direct enough, I prefer Martinelli in that role over him. Not that I wouldn't have him as an 11 or 10 or 8 in our system.
Yeah maybe he's better wider. I wouldn't put Martinelli as a 9 yet as a believe he's more effective as a wide forward and that's where he plays for a reason. Even when we didn't have many options he didn't play much there.

What's your opinion on Gakpo? Can play central. Quick, strong and seems to be a good finisher.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Yeah maybe he's better wider. I wouldn't put Martinelli as a 9 yet as a believe he's more effective as a wide forward and that's where he plays for a reason. Even when we didn't have many options he didn't play much there.

What's your opinion on Gakpo? Can play central. Quick, strong and seems to be a good finisher.

I think Gakpo has been poor against PL opposition and has lacked the pace tbh. If he was a pure CF that may not matter, but he plays wide and isn't proven as a CF. So I'd definitely skip on Gakpo personally.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Whoever said loan with option to buy is pretty smart. @2Smokeyy? You should be very popular on the internet. You're smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom