• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joaquin Correa

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The only thing I know about this guy is from the video I just watched. I'm gonna have to trust @OnlyOne on this. Obviously not an out and out striker but could work well as an AM in a 3 man midfield. His bio says he plays LW, RW, AM and CF, so he could be a useful player. Good height too 188cm, that's 5 cm taller than me and twice the height of OnlyOne, sounds good.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's the definition of a second striker. Lazio usually play 3-5-2 with Correa usually playing just off or in and around Immobile. I doubt we're ever gonna play a 2 striker formation so we'd either be using him out wide when he's not really a winger and certainly wouldn't be as useful there as Saka and Pepe, or we could use him as a 9, but he'd have to be more of a false 9 and for that to work you'd want to be playing Auba, Gabi or Pepe on the flanks to make runs in behind and it'd require a change in style. Or you could play him as a 10 which he is absolutely not and considering the amount of actual creative midfielders about it'd be pretty bizarre to sign a forward to play there. Unless he's used in a Muller style role there, but again it'd require a change in how we play.

Would be a really odd signing, he's the sort of player you'd maybe want coming off the bench to do something, considering what our needs our this transfer window he's not the sort of profile you'd be putting high on the list.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Don't know anything about Correa - haven't seen him play and haven't checked any stats - but going off of what everyone says about him being a second striker kind of player the only setup we'd be looking at him is false 9 in a 3-4-3. As @Tir Na Nog says it'd have to be with Auba, Martinelli and Pépé playing as inside forwards and we're not throwing away game time for Saka, which would be the case with a 4-3-3.

Auba - Correa - Pépé
Saka - ?? - Thomas - ??
Tierney - Saliba - White

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Don't know anything about Correa - haven't seen him play and haven't checked any stats - but going off of what everyone says about him being a second striker kind of player the only setup we'd be looking at him is false 9 in a 3-4-3. As @Tir Na Nog says it'd have to be with Auba, Martinelli and Pépé playing as inside forwards and we're not throwing away game time for Saka, which would be the case with a 4-3-3.

Auba - Correa - Pépé
Saka - ?? - Thomas - ??
Tierney - Saliba - White

Get the idea of 343 out of your head, we arent even considering going back to that.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn't be surprised if Arteta goes back to a back 3 in certain games, especially with the players we are being linked with.

The likes of White and Neves both used to it and even Maddison has been in a Leicester side that's been playing a back 3 for the majority of the 2nd half of the season. Correa here is another one. We did use a back 3 as recently as the Chelsea win as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Linked early this summer but this one i don't expect us moving the targets for attack is lautaro and Abraham if both gone we may go for correa but for now he staying at Lazio

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This the guy who used to play for Sevilla or another one? proper midtable signing if so.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Not at this age. We should go for younger players.

But at least he is better than those limited poachers who offer nothing on the pitch other than the final touch.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom