• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Yes his energy levels are similar to Ramsey he always run and press when needed he already look good finisher too.
Seems like he might be a stronger or more natural dribbler than Ramsey too. Rambo can do some nice tricks but can be a bit prone to getting the ball caught in his feet, etc

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Seems like he might be a stronger or more natural dribbler than Ramsey too. Rambo can do some nice tricks but can be a bit prone to getting the ball caught in his feet, etc

Technically he’s streets ahead of Rambo tbh, and I loved our Welsh wizard. As good as Ramsey was, like you said he often got the ball caught in his feet and his first touch was incredibly inconsistent.

Willock looks much more assured and has better close control. Emery needs to ****ing start him it’s frustrating even to think about a Xhaka and Guendouzi pivot against Bournemouth :lol:.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Would be nice if you backed up your statements. If you disagree fine, but some reasoning wouldn’t go amiss.

I’ve never thought Ramsey was the best technician tbh. Still thought he was top class though.

Well I agree I would start him above Xhaka. Willock is a interesting talent i'm not doubting he could be a great player.

I suggest you have a look at Ramsey between 16-21 years as a comparison though, bossing everyone in sight. I mean let's be real here.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not really sure why he isn’t starting but it’s fine. He’s gonna force Bumnai’s hand very soon.

It’s no slight to say that Willock is a better technician than Ramsey. Most Hale End Graduates are technically excellent as we want them to be able to slot into our first team.

Iwobi for example had one of the best first touches in the squad and Nelson is definitely up there too.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Another really good performance from him, he's taking the opportunities coming his way extremely well. Really enjoyed some of the runs he was making on the ball and he took his goal well.

Full of energy, technically sound and works hard defensively to be fair...

I would like to see him open up his passing range some more though, just as a very minor criticism.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Ramsey had more poor and mediocre seasons than good ones in his time here. Injury prone, very inconsistent and always out of position.

He had a strong mentality and scored some crucial goals for us, but the man is overrated by many Arsenal fans.

Only real top season he had where he looked complete was the 13/14 campaign (still missed like 4 months that season with injury).

Although he did look to have much better technique on the ball and as a passer before his horrific injury.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Ramsey had more poor and mediocre seasons than good ones in his time here. Injury prone, very inconsistent and always out of position.

He had a strong mentality and scored some crucial goals for us, but the man is overrated by many Arsenal fans.

Only real top season he had where he looked complete was the 13/14 campaign (still missed like 4 months that season with injury).

Although he did look to have much better technique on the ball and as a passer before his horrific injury.

Nope, underratted.

Overrated is when you hear some of the comments about Willock already ffs.

Impact

Established Member
Top, top player. Has so much in his locker. Haven't had anyone who can carry the ball as well through the middle of park since Vieira. Still needs to sharpen up on his passing though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He's not an AM, but is a better fit than Torreira at that position under Emery.

Same goes for Ceballos, who was much better playing in the Guendo role.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Top, top player. Has so much in his locker. Haven't had anyone who can carry the ball as well through the middle of park since Vieira. Still needs to sharpen up on his passing though.

That drive that got a Liège player carded was pure filth.

Pepes blue pill

Nope, underratted.

Overrated is when you hear some of the comments about Willock already ffs.

Ramsey is like giroud, is both over and underrated, henderson is another example

Agree with willock but thats just normal for fans with youngstars, def no reason for him not to be a starter tho imo

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I just love how Willock does not ever seemingly get pushed off the ball considering his bean pole stature. He's calm and composed to boot. It's just great watching him play. I'm excited to see what he develops into as a final product.

Gunner-Union

Looks immense and is just starting out
But gives us some power in there and like all current cm knows you have to both attack and defend.
Seen him listed at 5’10 but he looks over 6 foot surely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom