Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Vinci, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Great goal. Hopefully it helps him gain some confidence cause he has been out of form for a while. The talent is there though. Just needs to add consistency and hopefully a better manager that can build him into the monster box to box CM he is destined to be.

krengon likes this.
  2. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

You think so? Bar not tracking Ox for the first goal I thought he worked hard in midfield with Torreira. He pressed very well.

3. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Kinda annoying how sometimes he goes missing in build up play. I want to see him be more confident on the ball because he was taking responsibility during preseason. Maybe it's an instruction from Emery but he should be doing more. Class goal though, should have been the winner.

4. Arseshavin

Arseshavin Active Member

I find that very hard to believe.
    [​IMG]
    Holding is 1.88, Martinelli is 1.80 and AMN is 1.77.

5. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Thought he had an average game but then popped up with an absolute beaut of a goal.

yybecause and krackpot like this.
  6. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

I actually love Willock.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

A lot of our players are just playing poor due to the system we are using.
    In my opinion Willock, Ceballos, Pepe and Torreira have a lot more to show than what we are seeing right now. And it's somewhat due to Emery

8. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

U don't have 2 sugarcoat it. The manager is useless and nobody likes him

jonos14 likes this.
  9. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Very likeable lad. Been poor lately but more to do with being dropped in the fire by his manager than anything else. Freezing Özil out has also caused a sort of over reliance on some youngsters as well. Not that they are direct replacements but when you have the manager fielding LT at CAM then these things happen.

10. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

My fav academy player, i think.

11. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Doing way better than his brothers. Matty was released from Utd and plays for Swindon (i think). Chris is at WBA from Benfica B on loan, thats pretty fricking decent as well considering they are young.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  12. Arseshavin

Arseshavin Active Member

This is the drop in form that will eventually happen to any young player. I'm sure he will be back on top again sooner rather than later. He seems like a confident lad.

13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Torreira is such a poor player, why do Arsenal fans rate him so muh? He’s done nothing to earn the reverence. Xhaka has been better and everyone hates him.

Furious and Tir Na Nog like this.
  14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

They are both terrible.

15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Anyone that makes Onlyone look tall isn't going to hack it in the pl.

Artisan, BigPoppaPump and OnlyOne like this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

@OnlyOne

OnlyOne likes this.
  17. BigPoppaPump

Yeah but has been even worse than Xhaka but everyone slurps up Torreira even though he’s been sh*t since January.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Xhaka has been way worse because he has played more.

Big Poppa and Artisan like this.
  19. BigPoppaPump

Xhaka would be better if played sporadically though, imagine how bad it would be if Torrieira played all the minutes Granit did his body wouldn’t handle it.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  20. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Torreira had a period where he was a great player for us. I know he's been poor since Jan. But he has shown quality here.

That period up to January last season both Xhaka and Torreira were playing well, the system was working decently. Torreira was outperforming Xhaka. Ever since then they've both been poor (Torreira worse than xhaka I admit, but because hes being used as a box to box ffs). Torreira has one more chance here, Xhaka is done for me... sell up.

Riou likes this.