• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So Willock's like a professional substitute false 9 now? Cool cool cool cool cool.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We still don't know what we have in Willock. I have my doubts about his long term potential from a technical standpoint, but he'll get chances because he has attributes we desperately need in this squad.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
15 passes/11 accurate
0 key passes
0 interceptions
1 tackle
1 dribble

He should be converted into a striker imo, he is a decent finisher. He’s definitely not an attacking midfielder though that’s for sure.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's not a number 10, everytime I see him played there I know what to expect. Nothing's gonna change. He doesn't have the skillset to play between the lines effectively. He's got good movement but he just doesn't do enough. Can we not just give him one game deeper in midfield? Like jut once give him a go there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
15 passes/11 accurate
0 key passes
0 interceptions
1 tackle
1 dribble

He should be converted into a striker imo, he is a decent finisher. He’s definitely not an attacking midfielder though that’s for sure.
Knowing what kinda player he was before first team, this is hilarious :lol:. Hes was terrible in front of goal.

Willock should instead be repurposed as an 8/6. Best way to use his abilities, otherwise we should look to cash-in by next season. Using him in the roles they currently have him in will set him up to fail.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's not a number 10, everytime I see him played there I know what to expect. Nothing's gonna change. He doesn't have the skillset to play between the lines effectively. He's got good movement but he just doesn't do enough. Can we not just give him one game deeper in midfield? Like jut once give him a go there.
He gives you false hope that he can play the role with an occasional run with the ball or by scoring a goal, but overall it is becoming more obvious he is not fit for the role.
My worry is that he wasn't tested at all by Arteta in a deeper role, and that will make things harder for him once we have more productive advanced midfielders

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've nothing against Willock, Eddie, Nelson etc, they may yet carve out good careers. But two things are certain. 1) They're far from the finished article yet 2) Can't see them currently playing for any other team in the top half of the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom